Its just been killer busy this week with water work and then last night..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its just been killer busy this week with water work (7-WDR losses in the last week) and then last night......Fire Extinguisher powder.

We received a call around 9:30 that a fire extinguisher had fallen off a shelf at a nationwide pet store. The manager said a customer knocked it over and the valve broke, sending the fire extinguisher spinning spewing powder until it emptied its contents all over the retail floor.

The affected area was 4-6,000 sq/ft of the store (the products, shelving and floor) had a film of fine powder of on it.

Upon arrival we setup two 1-HP vortex axial fans and ducting to exhaust particulate outdoors . We also setup HEPA Air Scrubbers to process the air in the store while cleaning was taking place and capture airborne particulate.

The powder was heaviest lower as a result of the spinning and lighter on the higher shelves. The products the contaminated areas the products were HEPA vacuumed, product removed and shelving cleaned and the products wiped down then then restocked.

12-technician’s worked until 4:00 AM cleaning up the extinguisher powder.
"....and I helped!" :winky:

Amazingly we had two band new HEPA vacuums stilling here in our office. Dan had wanted to update some of our vacuums. We have 12-Pullman Holt HEPA vacuums but some are nearly 10-years old and don't look as good as they perform. So we broke in the two new Nikro's at this job. Already earning their keep. :headbang:

Reactions: Mikey P

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Back in the old days (remember the original IBM PC?) I had a PC set up on the breakfast nook. My wife had a grease fire on the stove that was about to get out of hand, so she used the fire extinguisher, getting powder into the PC.

About a week later it quit working. When I took it apart I found the copper traces were eaten right off the motherboard.

It was then that I learned that the powder was corrosive!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We had a fire extinguisher cleanup as well earlier in the week but nothing like this job..

What was the job total bill out?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The more amazing was everyone was back here at 8:00 AM ready for the day but one tech who slept in and arrived at 8:30. :eekk:

The other thing that was a surprise was those Tech's that weren't called in were disappointed they were not asked to participate.

But
of course that statement is always easy to make after the fact. :winky:

Reactions: dealtimeman

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not really, I'm a Tony Stewart hater. I just enjoy giving you shit about your techy choices.

i6...larger screen right? Only you... would be impressed by 4-inches. :icon_razz: :winky: :lol:

Do you plan to wear the Iwatch when it comes out too? :eekk:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes and it a respectable almost 6 inches Thank you very much!

Yes I will buy the I watch when it comes out if it appeals to me.

I have been eyeing the Samsung watch but didn't want to pay the 350. Plus tax for that type of watch and today I scored one brand new in the box with th camera for 150.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom