Bought a Business, want to send post cards, how

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Bought a similar business with 1200 or so customer list in QB

Have a great Idea for a post card picture and headline. THANKS Tom. (Gold)

Looking for a 1 shop company that can finalize postcard design, and mail to the customer list on have in QB.

I do have SM, however looking for better impact with custom introductory over size post card.

Thanks, Carl

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
1. Take a pic of their truck and your truck nose to nose. Set it up as a merger in the eyes of the customer. You all will be operating as your companies name.
2. Find a local mailing company in your community. Dont use some carpet cleaner trying to. Get into another industry. I have one in my town I send them the art they do it all. The local guys are slightly higher than using got print. A online printer I use them for eddm we then assemble ourselves.
3. Congrats on the purchase what good way to make your company grow. Mail monthly for 6 months then quarterly for a year.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes because if sfs or some other industry magazine doesnt give a stamp of approval then they cant be legit :oldrolleyes:

Ryan's design work is just as good as anyone i hired locally, better IMO.
But a whole lot quicker and cheaper.

Who cares if they do it on the side, didnt you start your business on the side...

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
What is the message you want to send? Depending on that a pre-made card may not be your best option. Figure out what it is you want to say to them (offer, introducing your self as new owner) then hire a graphic designer (I can get you the name of the one I use, she works with clients all around the country - and you really should use a WOMAN designer, especially if your demographic/decision maker of your services is a woman, you want it to appeal to her). Mine is very reasonable for creating custom pieces and then all my stuff has a uniform look.

Have them design it and then use a local printer to print and mail. Most printers should be able to take the mailing list you have from QB and mail out on your behalf. Or if you want to save money have the cards printed from an online printer (we have been very happy with quality of things from Overnight Prints. We just upload the files our designer made and have the stuff in a few days). You can convert your QB mailing list to Avery label template and print them out yourself. Then when you get the post cards from overnight prints, put the kids, wife, significant other to work attaching labels and stamps while they sit in front of the TV and then drop them off at the post office.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
shane my point is to begin to develop you team locally to run your business. It is really helpfull to be able to meet face to face and allow your vendors to get a feel for your company and what you are about.

I just got back from the rug Summit and they had the guru marketers and online peddlers in attendance and it was the same old song and dance. Some spoke and some just tryied to network.

find local guys who have to look you in the face when you see them on the street.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Have them design it and then use a local printer to print and mail. Most printers should be able to take the mailing list you have from QB and mail out on your behalf. Or if you want to save money have the cards printed from an online printer (we have been very happy with quality of things from Overnight Prints. We just upload the files our designer made and have the stuff in a few days). You can convert your QB mailing list to Avery label template and print them out yourself. Then when you get the post cards from overnight prints, put the kids, wife, significant other to work attaching labels and stamps while they sit in front of the TV and then drop them off at the post office.

I have finally begun to input all my customers from my first few years of business into an Excell spreadsheet so I can start mailing out reminders and specials.

I have considered using a marketing service to do the mailings, but have been disappointed with the limited template selection of all the ones I have looked at.

Of course custom cards can be created, but in regards to templates alone, if one has the time to do the actual label printing and mailing themselves, they can choose from hundreds of different templates from hundreds of different companies/printers, as opposed to being limited to only the templates available from the particular company you are using.

I have used the Avery label software before and it's a breeze to merge your contact list and print them using their 30 label per sheet pages.

For someone in my shoes, who doesn't mind taking on such a project themselves, and whose 3 young kids work cheap, I see no reason to limit myself to the few templates of one company, when there are so many different ones available collectively from all the different companies, and if custom ones are created, it's possible to source the best price from independent printers.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Get Phillip (signamigo.com) to design all your direct mailers, biz cards, etc.

Gotprint will have the best pricing on printing.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Regarding older customers who have not been serviced in over 2+ years, are most of you guys still addressing to the customers name, or is it better to label as "Resident"??

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Regarding older customers who have not been serviced in over 2+ years, are most of you guys still addressing to the customers name, or is it better to label as "Resident"??
Always address all "or current resident" no matter the length. You want the new owner if only 6 months ago to know you where the service provider. Just my opinion. I once a year send out to get returns to clean up our lists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom