comfortably numb..

Mikey P

Administrator
This shit doesn't even effect me much) anymore..

Lady calls in last week
Says we cleaned her carpet in July
Now the lower staircase smells
Just the last 4 steps
Must be something we did as it never stunk before
Cant describe the smell but not pet or mold related she assures
I have time on Friday to come out to sniff around
Friday comes along and I have to head out of town so I set up my so my guys (who did the job to go look)
Job turns up on my rout today for after 5pm
She tells me that she saw my guys working across the street on Saturday but didn't think to ask them over
I confirmed today's appointment, she would be there after 5
I showed up at 5:45 and no one is home
"I'll be home in ten"
which she was
Takes me down stairs
and, yep no odor
I ask if I can open a door on the stair case wall and low and behold a mold half ass wine cellar
Mold growing on every joist
Lizard cage at bottom of staircase with stinky dead crickets
Teenagers room right there with piles of dirty laundry
I have to tell you Mam, I can't smell anything out of the ordinary...

I hate to tell you this but we found the source of the odor over the weekend. There was a dead mouse decaying in the wine cellar.

You guys were so good about calling and following through I just wanted to let you know in person that anybody can clean a carpet but you have great customer service.

Thanks for coming by. I have to go drop some kids off. See you next time!

yep, got nothing better to do but run around in rush hour in a Aerotech.

No biggie.

I have great customer service so I'll sleep well tonight.

Last edited:

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
The older I get, the less tolerance I have for stupidity, the less patience with thoughtless, inconsiderate FOOLS! This dumbass woman stole a couple hundred dollars from you with her ignorance, as surely as if she picked your wallet. Any profit you made doing the cleaning in July is now GONE !!! She stole a couple of hours of your time that you could have spent with your family. Unless she was a frequent customer with a large house, I would put her on my DO NOT SERVICE LIST.....see how she likes that "customer service"

and don't ask me how I really feel....

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's all part of doing business in people's homes. EVERYTHING that happens in their home will be your "fault"!!!

Be glad you found the actual source of the problem, otherwise she would have bad mouthed you to everyone she knows.
That's what forces you to give them time. If you didn't they would abuse you on social media.

Its a pain but part of dealing with the public. Plus just when you'd brush them off it could be a genuine concern. :icon_neutral:

Reactions: Brian H

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The older I get, the less tolerance I have for stupidity, the less patience with thoughtless, inconsiderate FOOLS! This dumbass woman stole a couple hundred dollars from you with her ignorance, as surely as if she picked your wallet. Any profit you made doing the cleaning in July is now GONE !!! She stole a couple of hours of your time that you could have spent with your family. Unless she was a frequent customer with a large house, I would put her on my DO NOT SERVICE LIST.....see how she likes that "customer service"

and don't ask me how I really feel....

Dang dude. It's just the nature of dealing with the public. There was a very real problem going on and Miguel solved it. I don't think there was a higher or better use of his time. He didn't get paid for it but will make millions of dollars because of looking at the bigger picture and not being petty and short-sighted.

steve_64

had to go sniff one out today myself today.new tenant at an apartment complex.

found a nasty stinking towel in the bathroom. but it has to be the carpet. :hopeless:

Reactions: Brian H

Ron K

I would clean it with O2 and Host problem solved. No dragging in dirty hoses and 6 hour drying times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom