Best spinner & why?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Seems like the Turbo Hybrid used to be the favorite around here, is that still the case?

I'm ready for a new one.

e7ede9a8.jpg

abetuteh.jpg

I bought this one when I got started in Iowa in '08...it sucks.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Tapatalk keeps my hands tied from the auction.

Lee, is it forgiving on uneven tile? Mine beat me up today.

I would not buy a single tool based on board hype. Try to demo one before you buy it. I tried the turbo hybrid and did not like it. I used it on two jobs. It did not pick up the water as good as my sx-12. It oversprayed and did not recover the water as good especially pulling the tool backwards which really slowed me down. Maybe it was just a defective tool. Everyone seems to like the tool a lot, but I did not like it. Personally I don't like the SX-12, but the one I have cleans 10 times faster and better than the new turbo I ordered.

Mikey P

Administrator
lol

If you don't like either than I'd suggest there is a case of Operator Error going on.

Both tools are great in their current form, and the only two you should consider imo.

Reactions: Russ T.
Lee John Olson sold me a new one and let me exchange it for a new sx-12 which was a night and day difference. I like the sx-12, have been using one for over 8 years, and really never had any issues other than needing to replace the brush ring which is no big deal. Is it the best tool? Probably not but it gets the job done. I think it sits too high for a lot of residential jobs personally. I have seen plenty of video of the turbo hybrid and it looks bad ass. I'll try to demo one locally, but I promise the one I had was awful. Took me like 4 hours to clean 500 sq ft which should have taken an hour at most.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Love my turbo. It gets under almost everything. If you use the brush it does leave a little water behind. But the airpath takes care of any water left behind. Do NOT get the wand handle if you like your back. Had one for years. It sucked. I love tile now with 2 new turbos and my rapid seal pro.

Reactions: Russ T. and Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We did some hard surface spinner tool comparisons a couple weeks ago while doing wand comparisons.

The SX 12 did not do as well....the westpak was heavy and to big to get around toilets and such (as was the sx 12)

the Turbo still beat up those other 2 when we were testing that day.

Also the Westpak sprayed water out the back.

SX 12....sprayed everywhere....but it was an older version and not sure if the suction ports were changed in a later version.

We all three went home with our respective spinners....(I have the Turboforce) :) :)

Yes....I am smiling and happy with mine.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Lee John Olson sold me a new one and let me exchange it for a new sx-12 which was a night and day difference. I like the sx-12, have been using one for over 8 years, and really never had any issues other than needing to replace the brush ring which is no big deal. Is it the best tool? Probably not but it gets the job done. I think it sits too high for a lot of residential jobs personally. I have seen plenty of video of the turbo hybrid and it looks bad ass. I'll try to demo one locally, but I promise the one I had was awful. Took me like 4 hours to clean 500 sq ft which should have taken an hour at most.
Maybe the jets were somehow blocked. I. Use the sx12 almost daily. I haven't seen the hybrid. Bigger would be faster but I don't see it cleanings better. They spin in a circle and suck up water.

Gene

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i have used both side by side including the newer sx 12 and 15 and will say without a doubt the turbo hybrid is the best unit by far.

the sx isn't a bad tool it just comes clearly in second.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom