My vw project

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Here is the last job of the day. Vw Tm worked awesome picked up a job today a older gentleman was cleaning up his rental heard my tm said I had to come see what the heck you were cleaning with it sounds totally different than the one my guy has.
It was really cool cause I had my fans set up and he went back to check my work and was really impressed how dry the carpet was and how good they looked.
WP 14, 8 Flow, 550 psi water temp 145*. I am going to need a new glide really soon it is almost worn down to the wand slot just noticed it today
http://youtu.be/YYFzGemqGH4

I don't hear the blowers lugging down at all. They are topped out at 15 Hg though. It does make a different sound when I am applying the solution but as I go back to do dry strokes it ain't lugging all tell you that.
My new throttle set up has completely change the way it works. The more seal I get the more the throttle pulls, there is a little lag when I first start but once the vac seals a bit it really starts to kick in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate The Great

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You know the funny thing about boards.... I came here to share my posts about my tm build. Not to brag or talk trash my wife can only handle sooo much cfm and lift and such, but you see it never fails I have no clue who carpet guy is I have no beef with carpet guy...why I don't know him.
Been kicking it at another forum for a bit hanging out and BANG " THE CARPET GUY PEREZ" is this you? I am just asking ?
You were all over me saying it didn't work and then when I post a video of some proof that it is working....nothing
ALSO for the record my waste tank is from a old Hydo Master its gotta be at least a 100 gallon tank is pretty dang big, and I have always from the start thought of taking it to Tim when I am ready and have him split it right down the middle and make two tanks, but even then when you Y those two tanks down the line to the back of the filter in single wand action if the blowers were going to have a problem it would still arise. So I CHOSE to do it this way first why cut the tank first try it this way and see. So I plumbed it as to cause the blowers to work together as close to possible and it is working and working very well.
I am wondering now if the CARPET GUY is the guy that went to Sacrameto pro line when I demoed my product and it came back from some guy that the review was so freaking bad it had to be staged and was easily sold to a salesman that really has no clue as he is not a carpet cleaner. I mean they honestly believed after this persons review on my product that a LITTLE POOLIE holds more debris!!! Really that is what they told me.

D

Deleted member 51539

With all Due Respect... Watching you clean carpet was Painful.

I'm Sorry.

Why do you lift the wand after each stroke...?

I have no beef with you either. Please don't take offence to my questions as none is intended.

I enjoy this Industry.

FYI, No I'm not Perez..... Or Joe Bristor Or Whoever.... Let it be known that Mikey banned him (JB) because of me... (I got JB's email saying I was posting as him... Mikey even said we share the same IP address..LOL)

For what It's worth JB gave you your start...

R&D Hint #2... CFM doesn't apply to vacuums in use... Kind of like how the Restoration industry Bastardized Psychrometrics...

Mike Draper

Tom, keep up the good work. i love threads that show ingenuity and things built from the ground up. not many folks can do that. Youve got some really great ideas.

Reactions: TConway

Mike Draper

the few times ive posted on *** it becomes readily apparent that they dont know or understand much beyond the beginner stage of carpet cleaning 101. If you show any knowledge your deemed a threat to the good ol boys on there and the attacks come flying. your vw project is surely over there head.

Reactions: Jimmy L
D

Deleted member 51539

Oh... and retest the values of your Nozzle Flow Chart.. They are a bit misleading...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I tested some wands for cfm and one wand tested have very poor numbers as far as flowing cfm. Today I tested it against another wand that had a higher cfm reading, the funny thing is once the wand hits the carpet those High free flowing cfm numbers really mean little.
One wand scored well above the other one when I got done cleaning the carpet and did my dry passes guess what.........
The carpet was still wet :hopeless:
The crazy thing is the moisture meter read the same for each wand..... wet :hopeless:
Now this was with my legend and it was 180 feet away
I will be doing the test with the vw tm to see if those numbers change. I believe they will just because the vw holds at a higher vac level not because more cfm
will see

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have always gave Joe credit for helping me and I will never say otherwise.
Okay gotta go to bed wife gave me the its time to come to bed hint just turned off my light

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So - you need cfm to get vacuum, but cfm has nothing to do with vacuum. I think I got it now.
We are all under pressure we just don't realize it, its been on us from the time we were born. This is why vacuum gauges reads a minus - symbol. When you apply your wand to carpet we are creating negative pressure area allowing things to be moved much more easily due to less force of nature.
In a 100 % vacuum 29.HG there is no cfm
This is where the statement above comes from,"Cfm has nothing to do with vacuums in use" In carpet cleaning we still need movement or the carpet would be just as wet as when we started.
You asked why I pick up wand after every stroke, well when I apply my rinse a better seal is created and the vacuum builds because the pressure is being removed from tank,hose,wand thus creating more vacuum as this air is removed you are replacing it with WATER,DIRTY Water to be exact. But there comes a point when the weight of the water will overpower the power of the lift we are creating, and we are not creating 100% vacuum the loose carpet fibers will always leak some air giving you a perkulator affect meaning the air is not strong enough to carry it away.
You may have experienced this before, I have when your filter gets so clogged that the site tube on your rotary gets full of water and it bubbles the cfm just doesn't have the power to carry the water down the hose. THIS is a very HIGH VACUUM SEAL but the water out weighs the cfm. Some where down the hose run the vacuum has built very high and can not move the air. THIS IS BEHIND THE DIRTY FILTER.to the WASTE TANK HOSE HOOK UP. This is why it is so hard to pull the job side hose off of you filter when this happens because the vacuum is very strong due to the clogged filter.
If you watch yes I lift my wand to take away what I pulled out, but I DO NOT LIFT DURING DRY PASSES the wet carpet still creates a powerful seal but not enough to create no air movement what is happening in this stroke is the blowers are pulling very hard but now they are pulling air through the fibers and there is NOT enough water to out weigh the cfm thus carrying away the extra water left behind
This is the easiest way I know how to explain and this is my input on it, I am not educated in it just my own understanding of it.This is why a super long wand stroke is not recommended. the smaller tm and blower can not over power the wand to carpet air leak and the water in the hoses becomes heavier than the cfm can carry away this leaving to much water in the carpet.
This is different for VT and AT tm's as there blowers are still generating enough air flow from the massive blowers at the wand to carpet leak they can leave carpet much drier.
I can say my wand technique is more out of habbit from working with my legend, the Vw tm produces plenty of airflow and vacuum to keep the wand on carpet but it is a habbit I picked up from working with my legend.
Hope this kinda helps

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You have to remember the BIGGEST VAC RELIEF in your system is THE WAND. The vac relief at your blower if set and working right should NOT LEAK AIR. It is only there for emergency hose blockage and that is all.
A # 4 blower will have a very hard time reaching 14 HG on any resi carpet the WCI leak is to great for it to overpower it. CGD carpet or capets of this nature completely different.
As example next time you work on cgd carpet leave your wand on carpet for 20 seconds or so, when you remove the wand you will have a very noticeable dry line because the blower is creating a very powerful seal but there is just enough air to keep it moving.
AT and VT can do this on almost any carpet due to there blower size and power.

D

Deleted member 51539

I was Just Joking when I posted the video of my TM Booster(Sorry Melty... Jokes on you) Wait till you see what I have in store next...

And No it ain't Crop Circles... LOL

Able 1

Name
Keith
I was Just Joking when I posted the video of my TM Booster(Sorry Melty... Jokes on you) Wait till you see what I have in store next...

And No it ain't Crop Circles... LOL

Who are you? And what did you have in store first? What have you done?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Seems like you are just a douche.. Have you done something I should be aware of?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So my vwtm is all torn down getting it powder coated, should be done Wednesday, I will take pics of it when I get it back.
Nate I just came across this tonight, I have been wanting to find a better way to mount the front of the motor, I used a cut off bell housing and it is bullet proof but on my next one I wanted to go off the flywheel end of the motor and the bell won't work.
The guy just emailed me back and confirmed it is more than strong enough for permanent mount. He has a guy that uses them in vw helicopters.
The company name is http://www.zalexindustries.com/index.html
What this does is allows you to mount the starter.
ring_only_web.jpg

Name
Nate W.
So my vwtm is all torn down getting it powder coated, should be done Wednesday, I will take pics of it when I get it back.
Nate I just came across this tonight, I have been wanting to find a better way to mount the front of the motor, I used a cut off bell housing and it is bullet proof but on my next one I wanted to go off the flywheel end of the motor and the bell won't work.
The guy just emailed me back and confirmed it is more than strong enough for permanent mount. He has a guy that uses them in vw helicopters.
The company name is http://www.zalexindustries.com/index.html
What this does is allows you to mount the starter.
ring_only_web.jpg

Sweet find... Thanks for the heads up!! I'm still sourcing parts...

I can't wait to see pictures of the P/C.. :clap:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom