Wall paper steamer! Dave Yoakum!

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Yes, the B&D steamers work great, got them on Dave's recommendation. Be careful using with Cobb's red dye remover; I stripped color from two different carpets leaving the steamer on for more than a minute with the Cobb's. This also happened with Chemeister's red dye remover years ago, but never happened with the Vacaway red out I normally use.

Reactions: Royal Man
Name
Nate W.
I think the b&d steamworks I bought off ebay is clogged or broken.. I should have just bought it new from Crain Tools... Aren't you supposed to use distilled water in them?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My Crain is several years old and no problems.

Might be the soft water we have in my small town.

Apart from the fact that I need a bloody trolley to carry the converter (110volt - 240volt).

I find it strange that the link states it is manufactured by Dynachem, wheres it appears identical to both the Crain & the B & D ??

:yoda:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think the b&d steamworks I bought off ebay is clogged or broken.. I should have just bought it new from Crain Tools... Aren't you supposed to use distilled water in them?

I hear if you run CLR through it it will clean the hard water deposits out and steam better. I bought to off ebay and ran some CLR through them really helped a lot.

You want to flush it out before using on a carpet.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My Crain is several years old and no problems.

Might be the soft water we have in my small town.

Apart from the fact that I need a bloody trolley to carry the converter (110volt - 240volt).

I find it strange that the link states it is manufactured by Dynachem, wheres it appears identical to both the Crain & the B & D ??

Check it out the link shows a different one now.

Reactions: Shorty

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Thanks Sam and Art. The steamers work well. Pick up a few when you see a good price. Always use distilled water. No towel needed and they also, work well to melt wax and follow with a cloth while warm for removal. ( I've been changing my company a bit and who knows. Maybe I'll get my ergo wand modification out this winter if I get a break. It kicks ass and saves your body.)

Reactions: SamIam

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Does anyone use the Wagner wall paper steamer for removing carpet stains ??

WAGDTS5800_zps71eaaa94.jpg

If so, how were the results please ??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom