One Man Show

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Want would you say the realistic potential profit a one man van owner can do in a good year? Can a newbie possibly do $60,000 plus with all cylinders firing?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Definitely!

Provided you are doing some advertising and building a referral network.
and/or some small commercial jobs

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
Gross or net?

What city?

How many people do.you and you wife know?

How many if them are realtors, decorators, community VIPs or gossipy water cooler types?

What is the most popr online review site in your area?

Is your vehicle wrapped or lettered yet?

How good of a cleaner are you?

How good of a bullshitter?

Are you willing to knock in doors?

Don336

Name
DJ Settle

Net

Raleigh NC

We know a lot of people in the area and have a lot of potential customers in my home town which is about 45 mins away.

I have 3 friends that are Realtor's one is my aunt and my uncle has a lot of rental property.

Angie's List possibly?

Lettering for now wrap possibly down the road.

I'm a newbie like I said before. I don't plan on going all out until the next spring. My friend owns Best Steamer in Charlotte and i'll be training with him. I plan to go do for a few weekend in the next few months.

I'm an excellent bullshitter been working in sales for 7 years. Ready to make more than 35k per year and willing to bust my ass.

No comment.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How many jobs a day do you plan to do? How many days a week? How much do you plan to charge? What would the average job be?

$60,000? 52Weeks a year equals $1153.84 a week divided by 5-days $230.76 a day

Should be damn easy...provided you have the work load. The work load is the hardest part, not if one could potentially do it.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Becker

Name
Becker
1st year vs 3rd year are greatly different.

Unless you have clients falling into your lap with no advertising costs.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
He meant knock ON doors, but as the night wears on the wine kicks in.
Considering the source, I think he meant: kick the door in.
upload_2014-10-24_7-45-55.jpeg

Reactions: Art Kelley

Willy P

Name
Willy P
How many jobs a day do you plan to do? How many days a week? How much do you plan to charge? What would the average job be?

$60,000? 52Weeks a year equals $1153.84 a week divided by 5-days $230.76 a day

Should be damn easy...provided you have the work load. The work load is the hardest part, not if one could potentially do it.

Gee whillikers Mr. Chavez - Aren't you forgetting overhead? You know, those nasty things like:
Liability, vehicle and self insurance
advertising
fuel and equipment /maintenance/chemicals
taxes and all the other stuff.
They let you write cheques?

:eekk::errf::icon_rolleyes:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Want would you say the realistic potential profit a one man van owner can do in a good year? Can a newbie possibly do $60,000 plus with all cylinders firing?
Yes.

May not happen the first year. But persistence and staying the course is 95% of success.

That, some smart business practices and a dash of marketing.

Becker

Name
Becker
No business is worth running if you can't make a good living at it. Not for the effort you dump into it. $60,000 is not chump change, but also nothing exciting.

In 1986, $50,000 a year can buy a lot of beer.

If $60k is your goal don't blow any of that hard earned money on shades.
If that's your 1st years goal. Doable, but once you consider equipment, advertising, supplies, and everything else needed for a baby business it will be hard

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gee whillikers Mr. Chavez - Aren't you forgetting overhead? You know, those nasty things like:
Liability, vehicle and self insurance
advertising
fuel and equipment /maintenance/chemicals
taxes and all the other stuff.
They let you write cheques?

:eekk::errf::icon_rolleyes:
Yea I saw too late he said net.

Still very do able (unlike you Willy) but you'll have to do 100K or more to pull in 60K. Not impossible by any means but as a new start-up you'll need a pipeline of work coming in.

Willy they let me write "Checks" I don't know what the fook "Cheques" are. ;)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yea I saw too late he said net.

Still very do able (unlike you Willy) but you'll have to do 100K or more to pull in 60K. Not impossible by any means but as a new start-up you'll need a pipeline of work coming in.

Willy they let me write "Checks" I don't know what the fook "Cheques" are. ;)

Cheques is the proper spelling in English, not the way you spell them in "anguish"......

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Net

Raleigh NC

We know a lot of people in the area and have a lot of potential customers in my home town which is about 45 mins away.

I have 3 friends that are Realtor's one is my aunt and my uncle has a lot of rental property.

Angie's List possibly?

Lettering for now wrap possibly down the road.

I'm a newbie like I said before. I don't plan on going all out until the next spring. My friend owns Best Steamer in Charlotte and i'll be training with him. I plan to go do for a few weekend in the next few months.

I'm an excellent bullshitter been working in sales for 7 years. Ready to make more than 35k per year and willing to bust my ass.

No comment.
You are going to need way more then that, ya blow through friends and family in about 2 weeks. Then what?

To net $60 figure, gross around $100k.
At $200 job average thats 500 jobs a year and about 600 phone calls coming in.

Think about where 600 phone calls are coming from?

Kipp

Name
kip
No ifs ands or buts about it if you want 60k net your first year you'll have to sell your way to it. Don't plan on running advertising and waiting for the phone to ring. Gonna have to hustle everyday. Close every phone call (inbound & outbound) possible. Upsell every job. And have a repeat and referral strategy right out of the gate.

Mikey P

Administrator
Gross refers to the total and Net refers to the part of the total that really matters. For example, net income for a business is the profit after all expenses, overheads, taxes and interest payments are deducted from the gross income.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
You are going to need way more then that, ya blow through friends and family in about 2 weeks. Then what?

To net $60 figure, gross around $100k.
At $200 job average thats 500 jobs a year and about 600 phone calls coming in.

Think about where 600 phone calls are coming from?

Shane that is the first time I think I have ever heard it put that way!! I like it!! What are you going to do to make that phone ring?

And don't forget about how you will handle the actual 600 phone calls. What mechanics do you have to be able to capture the info and schedule it, and then process the monies once you finish the work.

A lot of times I look at the actual cleaning as the easy part of the job.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Gross refers to the total and Net refers to the part of the total that really matters. For example, net income for a business is the profit after all expenses, overheads, taxes and interest payments are deducted from the gross income.

what do you call under the table money?

heeeeeeey it could happen!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Heck, I get 600 phone solicitation calls a year (at least), desperate people from third world countries asking me how I am. How am I?. I'm all right, at least I don't sleep on a sidewalk. I answer all the calls that come in and book jobs. I must get 2000 calls a year. It's no big deal to take a call; I answer it while I'm working or driving or whatever.

Reactions: Mike Draper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom