Protecting appliances etc. when cleaning Tile

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Does anyone have any pictures on what they use to protect appliances or floor boards, etc. when doing restorative cleaning on Tile? I'm talking about an acid based product like Viper Renew that will etch pretty much anything. Are you taping plastic to the bottom of the areas so there is no splash up onto areas or hand scrubbing with grout scrubbers in those spots?

Name
cameron demille
I use delicate blue tape to go on finished wood as long as it's not a lacquer finish or delicate finish.

I use tape and drape from lowes. This is plastic and tape together and super easy to use. This goes over the blue tape and the plastic staticly clings to the cabinets 24 inches high.

I never put tape on stainless. I use the rape and drape and tape it to the bottom of the fridge door, bottom of dishwasher door etc where it won't be visible.

Reactions: J Scott W and WillS

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I use 3M blue tape then the Trimaco plastic/tape.... works great

Attachments

• 20141107_174546.jpg
    20141107_174546.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 288
Name
cameron demille
I see you like living dangerously, putting tape across the stainless. It doesn't damage it, but it definitely brings out the crazy in the women when they see the mark.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Upside down...tape down pulling plastic up...nice to see you care and make the effort for your customers

Name
Marcus
I only use alcaline....use heavy citrus spray with alcaline rinse and it works just as well
Without damage to appliances and a small 5 inch tile wand....
Also cuts out the grout haze.....
Cap

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Personally I never spray anything that would damage a surface near by. To much unnecessary risk. Pouring is a different story.

Gene

Becker

Name
Becker
Did a tile job today. Ahh. Very nice hood. Nice homes yet this client is one of very few in the hood with all white appliances.
Always extra careful around stainless. Err. Stainable stainless.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I always mix my cleaner in a 2 gallon container and pour it on....much safer then spraying around appliances and cabinets......

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom