Christmas bonus

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I washed my wife's car and pulled it out side to dry it off. It's 39 and with the sun it feels great.

I don't know how you guys handle that much snow. I feel for you! Kansas has some real extreme weather but it never lasts long, always changing. :errf:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

nopenopenope_zpsdab0a724.png

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I know you're not supposed to give bonuses at the holidays as then they become expected. That they should be tied to performance (of the individual and overall company performance in meeting revenue goals, keeping COGS in check).

BUT....there is that delicate balance of the human element. There is the business of business and the business of people. Your people need to feel valued, appreciated etc if you want them to help your business. To most of them, the Christmas/Holiday Bonus is extremely significant. That being said, there is VALUE for us in throwing the "business approach" of assigning bonuses based on merit (we do that at other times) and letting the "people" side come through at this time of year so you don't come off as a Grinch.

The past few years we have taken to giving the bonuses at this time of the year with a "Thankful" theme, rather than in December. Many folks like to take advantage of Black Friday deals and when we hand an envelop of cash (make it cash, not a check) on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with a heartfelt we are "Thankful for YOU", it goes over very well.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I used to live in Steamboat Springs - I miss the skiing and the wonderful summers. It was a hard place to live and raise cattle - my then fiancé decided I was not cut out for that lifestyle sent me packing back to Texas! :(-

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with your post Meg.

Although we have some employees that would have an thick drug dealer envelope full of cash if we went that route. I'll do cash for those under $50.00, the others unfortunately uncle sam will have to take a big bite out of. :errf:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Do you give them a bonus?

If you do when do you?

How do you decide how much? Length of employment? Value to the company?

Is it too late to become a JW?

I'd save on bonuses! :twisted:
Sorry for the late input on this. We have decided this year to give away Visa giftcards at the Christmas party. Everyone is invited. Each employee draws from a hat. We have 3 $500, 6 $250, and 10 $100 cards.
Luck of the draw determines who gets what

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Figures cole comes up with a scheme to get out on the cheap...

My God i even pay part time cleaners a week pay or very close.
Good grief.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Several years back it would cost me 30k for Christmas bonuses. :cry:

Its a lot less now, still costly but thank gawwwd for retirement, attrition and new employees. ;)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Figures Cole comes up with a scheme to get out on the cheap...

My God i even pay part time cleaners a week pay or very close.
Good grief.

LOL! If you call $4k in gifts, and another 5k on a party cheap then clearly I need to come work for you!
Shane there is a difference between having a business plan and flying by the seat of your pants. We already give a weeks vacation to all employees. Making that a Christmas bonus would be assholish.
Christmas parties are supposed to show appreciation. NOT show tons of wealth, etc. Perhaps if you stopped paying your people slave wages you could do the same and not disguise it as a "BONUS".

I am actually very proud of the company we have built here at DONE. We just hired our 22nd employee. We provide health insurance, 401K, a weeks vacation, + +. All employees must pass a criminal and credit history check and are subject to regular drug tests.
We pay more than the majority of the other restoration firms locally and thus have attracted some real talent.
I took all the things i didn't like about PRO and ensured they would NEVER become a part of DONE.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom