Content packout division

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
It's time for us to add this on.
Problem is I don't know a damn thing about it other than we are currently referring 5-7 away each week and the average packout is around $7k. One was as high as $38k.

2/3 through a business plan but am sure I am missing a ton.
Anyone doing this and can give me a 20 minute lesson?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sure, we've done them for decades.

Send me your Visa card number, I'll run it and give you a call. ;)

I can't today but I'd be glad to help you. At no charge. :biggrin:

Email me with your questions or concerns, call me or I can call you Friday. I'll be here all day.
richardc@chavezrestoration.com

Its very labor intensive and full of pitfalls. Its better than cleaning carpet but no where near the margins of water.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm pretty sure that Michael L can give you class. He pretty much told me to put the things in boxes and then move said boxes.

Reactions: Greg Cole

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have a BNI member that is a mover. His intro at times is " I'm Matt, I pick thing up and put them down in a different place very carefully".
I will not charge you either.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do 400-600K a year in fire damage work. All cleaning no reconstruction and we are in a small market. You could easily do 5-6 million or more in your market BUT it will be like pulling teeth in comparison to water work.

You'll need women to pack and women to clean, a man can do it but few homeowners are going to comforted by a man packing their personal items. They will also assume that a woman would be detailed in cleaning and handling of their contents.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The company that we refer all content packouts does only packouts, not dryouts or rebuilds. They specialize in only packouts.

The largest resi job we did, I refered them and was told by the HO that they billed the INS 75k for the full packout, freezer drying documents/books, indoor storage, plus putting everything back to "exactly" where it was.

It took them a good week with a team of 10 plus guys (one or two girls), w/ the 2 18 footer NPR's.

Each packout tech had a handheld "palm pilot" that they would tag and record where all the content was being removed from, 1-10 row/section ab/kitchen, etc. So once they brought everything back it would be placed exactly where they removed it from.

Very detailed people, pretty much a sophisticated high end moving company w/ a 50k sqft storage plant.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
The company that we refer all content packouts does only packouts, not dryouts or rebuilds. They specialize in only packouts.

The largest resi job we did, I refered them and was told by the HO that they billed the INS 75k for the full packout, freezer drying documents/books, indoor storage, plus putting everything back to "exactly" where it was.

It took them a good week with a team of 10 plus guys (one or two girls), w/ the 2 18 footer NPR's.

Each packout tech had a handheld "palm pilot" that they would tag and record where all the content was being removed from, 1-10 row/section ab/kitchen, etc. So once they brought everything back it would be placed exactly where they removed it from.

Very detailed people, pretty much a sophisticated high end moving company w/ a 50k sqft storage plant.
got a name?

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
20 minute lessons....I love it!
Beggars cant be choosers. Asking for 20 minutes is far more likely than asking for hours. of course Lee some of us ( unlike yourself) can grasp things fairly quickly. :biggrin: And if you haven't done your homework BEFORE you pick the brain of a mentor then you are disrespecting that person. An old law professor taught me three VERY important things. 1. Never ask questions that you don't know the probably answers two. 2. Be prepared with followup questions for whatever the responses might be. 3. The questions must be designed to be efficient

Name
Lee Stockwell
Beggars cant be choosers. Asking for 20 minutes is far more likely than asking for hours. of course Lee some of us ( unlike yourself) can grasp things fairly quickly. :biggrin: And if you haven't done your homework BEFORE you pick the brain of a mentor then you are disrespecting that person. An old law professor taught me three VERY important things. 1. Never ask questions that you don't know the probably answers two. 2. Be prepared with followup questions for whatever the responses might be. 3. The questions must be designed to be efficient
Actually the professor's advice is right on for the context he was in: cross examination on the stand. Lawyers don't ask questions to "learn" anything new on the stand. The question is a cue to elicit an anticipated response.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Correct. As stated in #2 - have followup questions for the anticipated response.
I like to apply that to everyday life and business. If you think 6 steps ahead you stay six steps ahead.....
Like, I knew you'd want to argue semantics.... lol

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
We use cameras and take pictures of everything, it is better than writing in a note pad and faster than using a handheld device. Also you can always go back to show pre-damage of an item. We charge by the box size, furniture pads, peanuts etc.. and hourly for pack-out technician.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Here is picture of the art boxes, we pick up a job this morning with a lot of art.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 263
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom