What other Biz would you go into if you left Carpet Cleaning?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
High performance boat racer with Bawb! :rockon:

Or handing out beach towels close to the Beach Tiki Bar, somewhere south and warm!

Been the teacher, musician, racer....

Don't really know what my next adventure will be but maybe retired :)

.....but I get bored too fast :oldrolleyes:

Reactions: JS41035

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ski Patrol, maybe when I hang up the wand and move to Steamboat.

Steamboat is nice but I think most Ski Patrollers are unpaid or low paid volunteers and do it for the free passes. When I lived in Summit Co. Colorado (4 Ski resorts) the employees of resorts seemed so Broke-- maybe thats because they Smoked their pay away..?

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Where did you live in Summit, John?

I lived in Frisco from '02-'05.

My 2 brothers live in Steamboat. We visited for Thanksgiving and loved it. Chill vibe there. Loved the Strawberry Hot Springs. Next trip the wife and I are going to spend the night there...in a train caboose!

Definitely no real money in Ski Patrol. I just always thought it would be fun to have full run of the mountain, you'd know where all the powder stashes were!

I like to get up early also so shooting explosives at the side of a mountain at 5 am sounds like fun too.

Our youngest is 4. We took him up the gondola while we were visiting. First time on skis. We ended up carrying him most of the way down (green runs) but it was a lot of fun!

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Where did you live in Summit, John?

I lived in Frisco from '02-'05.

Small World! Did Cindy Norris work for you?

Watching the little ones ski is always a joy.

I went to Jr/High School in Fresco from 77-82. Its was Called SUMMIT High---- But we called it SOME WHAT HIGH. I was also on Copper Mtn Racing team.

Season Pass for a student was only $60 w no black out dates so I missed a lot of School in the Winter, which is why my spelling, and grammar is so bad.. but I was a natural at business type classes and tutored other students. My "Biz Admin" teacher was also the High Schools ski team Coach. He gave me a B+ and said: 'You deserve an A+ but I had to dock you for all the times I saw you on the mountain after school when you weren't in the classroom.

I worked my way from Busboy to assistant manager at the Village Inn Pancake Hose in Siverthorne. I also lived in Siverthorne.

I miss the skiing but not the Snow/weather.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Same here.

Remember the Old Dillon Inn in Silverthorne/Dillon? I don't think it's there anymore.

Went into the Moosejaw in Frisco last Summer. I ran into my old boss who I hadn't seen in @ 9 years. Had a PBR together.

I do miss the mountains sometimes, just a refreshing culture away from the faster pace of the cities.

Some of those mountain passes (Breck) were scary in the Winter in a CC van full of water.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I don't know how you guys can work in areas that actually have a winter... I guess the lower cost on living helps a lot.. some of you guys have very nice houses that are inexpensive compared to SF.

I lived across from the Old Dillon lodge where those shops are now. I think it was also the Elks Lodge, where as teenager we played bingo for money-- didn't know they considered Bingo gambling.

I cant remember if the Moose Jaw was open when I was there, but I think I eat there when I visited in '92.?

Russ- if we keep this up we should "get a room" and go to Conversations instead. Lol.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Steve,
I somehow look at you as a football coach who is now an announcer. Some day he will be back in the game. You don't want to go out like Madden.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Yes he does.
Dang it, guys. Now you made me Google John Madden and I can't figger out why I wouldn't want to "go out like Madden". This from Wikipedia:

On April 16, 2009, Madden officially announced his retirement as an NFL broadcaster after 30 years, saying "It's time." Madden was 73 and reportedly had been making $50,000,000.00 or more per year for a long time.

Help me out here.

Steve

PS Even better, reportedly Madden had a lot of fun at what he did for a living. Another Wikipedia excerpt: Madden's lively and flamboyant delivery has won him critical acclaim... Not too shabby! :)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
already transitioned/diversified in '01 to painting and light gen remodeling (cabinets, floors, doors, etc)
Mostly sec 8 rehabs..been a great ride due to hi turnover and lots of damage to fix.
That's by far my largest source of revenue and has been for years

transitioning this coming year to full blow house flipper (partnered with a deep pocket/cash buyer in a no lose/no risk venture to me)
Should get the keys to the first house Monday

Down the road, if/when I'm able to hang up the tools and retire, something in the firearms trade to keep me busy
Gun shop/gun smithing and/or shooting instruction (which i already do as a hobby/fun money thing)
Maybe one day get serious about it and move it past the "hobby" status

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
soooooooooo...how long you been quit the Lucky Strikes now?

Damn Larr...even I could quit...wtf is wrong wit you..........anyway?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would like to work on truckmounts... I really enjoy it! I'm working for a local supplier to mentally get me through this winter(not even sure what they are paying me, but when I go it's just like I'm hanging out).. Not as much money in that compared to cleaning carpet, especially working for someone else..

Reactions: Art Kelley

steve_64

this summer i got a call from a headhunter in my past career as a machine operator for folding cartons.
ive been out of the industry for about 15 years now.
im one of maybe several hundred people in the country that run right angled gluers. i also ran about 15 other types of gluers and waxers and window machines in that industry.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
REALLY? EXACTLY what do you drive?? lol
Nothing fancy really lol... I currently have an Audi S4 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I've been thriving the most. It just depends the time of year. In the summer I want a wrangler or convertable and in the winter I wanna go more luxury.

Hust1983

Name
Michael C. Channell
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer , FH50150 is the best product to clean carpet so far.. It is very light weight. It is easy to use, easy to clean two-tank system, separate clean water/solution tank and spill-free dirty water tank which includes quick pour spout for easy emptying with no mess. After using this, my carpet smells, looks and feel brand new.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer , FH50150 is the best product to clean carpet so far.. It is very light weight. It is easy to use, easy to clean two-tank system, separate clean water/solution tank and spill-free dirty water tank which includes quick pour spout for easy emptying with no mess. After using this, my carpet smells, looks and feel brand new.
Welcome to Mikey's Board Michael!
Everybody starts somewhere, and your post reminds me of where many of us started.

You can have fun and learn a lot here.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Own a strip club... I still have a chance.... :shifty:

I've actually been to one of your fine establishments once over there with a good friend and group travel agent....

Name of the place had something to do with Paradise found....

I remember a lot of comments about "look boss...the plane...the plane....LOL!"

More than planes as I recall...but it's been awhile :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom