Hit me up and you too can have my ergonomic wand valve.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just trying to gage some interest in a new product I'm developing. ( You know I have been talking about this for years.)
It's called wand-eeze. It's a conversion for 2" wands that I designed out of necessity several years ago because of my FORMER chronic arm issues and having trigger finger on most of my fingers.
It changes your trigger hand into a more natural " saw the wood" motion. That allows you to clean standing upright with longer strokes and more effortless cleaning.
it will help those that want to clean easier and wa...nt a little relief on your entire body including: your arms, shoulders and fingers. Even if you don't have physical issues now it may help so you and your staff don't develop them later from repetitive motion. This is the only truly ergonomic wand valve on the market. It also has several other proprietary features that that you will enjoy. Estimated price should be around $150. You can easily retrofit it onto your favorite 2" wand. Please pm me with your contact info. If I get enough interest ill call my manufacturer and get out a run this winter and you will be at the top of the list to receive one. - Thanks Dave Yoakum

Reactions: scrrocks

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
675-5e51786f13118cc0ffc739dd611223d0.jpg
Back when I was still cleaning I made this with a pressure washing gun handle. It made the last 2 years bearable with the wrist and arm problems I have. I still use it today in the rug shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 283

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm guessing it's not a valve but something like David showed that is more ergonomic like the "Ergonomic Shovel" that's uncomfortable to most people "kind of like a wheel chair" and won't sell to the masses.

F

FB7777

Oh I'd love one.....

Are you asking for true beta testers ... Or is this a Brokum pay to play proposition

Courtesy of , I don't have 2 Nickel to Rub Together Industries

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's a gunvalve system. But, Not like the one shown by Gargan Which is not ergonomic. His still makes you tilt you wrist downwardwhich leads to an un-natural and a shorter stroke. ( Tilt your own wrist downward ( Fingers down and curled up ) and see how it locks up the tendons in your arm and limits motion This is one of the major flaws with wand design.)

Name
Lee Stockwell
Seem more like you never had a wand sized correctly to your stature Dave?

Imagine if they only made size 10 shoes.

They don't. Wands need to be tried on and sized as well.

F

FB7777

image.jpg

Get one of these , some duct tape and a couple tie straps and you've got yourself a Brokum Wand ease

You'll even have enough money left over to hire a helper so when you're 55 you aren't running a scrub wand every day for the rest of your crippled existence

Reactions: scrrocks
F

FB7777

It's a gunvalve system. But, Not like the one shown by Gargan Which is not ergonomic. His still makes you tilt you wrist downwardwhich leads to an un-natural and a shorter stroke. ( Tilt your own wrist downward ( Fingers down and curled up ) and see how it locks up the tendons in your arm and limits motion This is one of the major flaws with wand design.)
Dave, I hate to break the news to you, but simply installing a handle that solves " tilting your wrist downward" solves one assumed problem but does nothing about repetitive motion and your " shortened wand stroke" due to the angle of wrist is ridiculous.

If you get tired, switch sides while wanding, or get a zipper, or better yet a rotary jet extractor

There is nothing " ergonomic " about wand cleaning , it is a repetitive motion for gawds sake

The best way to prevent repetitive motion injury is to grow your business

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Someone still has to run the wand. If it can be made less tiring and reduce injury I'm all for it. C'mon Dave, show us a video that demonstrates how your mod helps! Few people want to buy sight unseen.

Reactions: Royal Man and ruff

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Someone still has to run the wand. If it can be made less tiring and reduce injury I'm all for it. C'mon Dave, show us a video that demonstrates how your mod helps! Few people want to buy sight unseen.
Yes Dave, it will make cleaning less tiring, reduce injury and even more productive with longer wand strokes that you can perform while standing straight up. Pics and videos to follow after the new year.

Reactions: dgardner

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm interested! I'll buy it if it works for me, if not I'll ship it back..

Thanks, for making an effort to make my job easier! This is how innovation works!

Reactions: Royal Man

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From these crazy pics of mods to make wanding better it's obvious you guys are in dire need of a better solution. I'lll call my manufacturer after the holidays and get the ball rolling.

Reactions: Able 1
F

FB7777

From these crazy pics of mods to make wanding better it's obvious you guys are in dire need of a better solution. I'lll call my manufacturer after the holidays and get the ball rolling.
Tell Earl and the boys I said hello...
image.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
That is the coolest machine shop! I used to have a tiny old lathe that was driven by a leather belt - the old shops had a single power source that drove everything via shafts and belts rather than each machine having it's own motor like today. Neat.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
That is the coolest machine shop! I used to have a tiny old lathe that was driven by a leather belt - the old shops had a single power source that drove everything via shafts and belts rather than each machine having it's own motor like today. Neat.
Just how OLD are you Dan?

Reactions: dgardner
Back
Top Bottom