This is great thanks for sharing.
Who did this?
Location?
Did they slant the floor?
If so how did that happen?
How are they draining? Pump?

FredC

Village Idiot
Looks like Tom just missed inserting that pic and there was already a drain in place

index.php

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
The picture tells that we had a mop sink already draining in the floor. It was removed. We poured concrete and slanted the floor to the drain by troweling it at about a 3 inch fall from front to back. Doesn't look that way to the eye. Remember gravity is free and accomplishes what is needed. No pump out required.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Much of our labor intensive floor work is accomplished by utilizing the Centrum Force Star Wash Tub that sits directly over the drain end of the floor. However, we still do work on the wash floor. These following pictures shows me working with Robert Mann in my shop stripping away unwanted dyes that previously migrated through portions of the specimen rug. (This was live unrehearsed for a Rug Summit crowd at my personal rug plant)
View media item 69View media item 70

rhyde

Name
rhyde
There's a slightly easier and more efficient way to do this Tom unfortunately, I lost my photos of the last shop build.
layout of the outer form is the same but the inner one is suspended 6-8" above the floor rebar is used drilling into the existing floor
and securing the rebar to the inner form. The whole floor is one monolithic pour.It' left to set for 15 -20 minutes the inner forms are removed and
troweled smooth.

Reactions: dgardner

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
There's a slightly easier and more efficient way to do this Tom unfortunately, I lost my photos of the last shop build.
layout of the outer form is the same but the inner one is suspended 6-8" above the floor rebar is used drilling into the existing floor
and securing the rebar to the inner form. The whole floor is one monolithic pour.It' left to set for 15 -20 minutes the inner forms are removed and
troweled smooth.
I think this a fine idea.

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
In the summer of 1984 we built a wash pit; note the hair style of the day and sophisticated hoist system on the drying rack. We did what people call a 'river wash' today; scrub by hand, squeegee a lot, vac, and run under water till fully rinsed. The results were good, but it was slow and a lot of work. It was the second one we built - the first was in '82 - and eventually we learned how to wash rugs.

MANN206-045.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom