Adwords

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
If your website is already on the first page of google searches, is there any reason or benefit to paying for Adwords?

FredC

Village Idiot
yes.............

you may have noticed that although you are on the front page you may receive calls from other sources on the front page........yelp for instance

plus "front page" is a big range in clicks between first maps and bottom organic

not only that but it is unlikely that you will appear for all search terms ..........adwords allows you to do that

it also "reinforces" your listing.....people seeing you multiple times in one area

allows you to create text that may bring in clicks that your meta title/description doesn't

that said...a lot goes into good adwords campaigns....study up

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'd say yes, more times they see your name/ad(on any page) the better off you are.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'll do some reading.
My blog, website and facebook page will hit in the searches I'm looking for. My blog has been slipping because I don't do anything on it.
Business has been good, but it has plateaued the last 2 years. I want to grow it more because I keep getting older and fatter. I want to find a way off the truck. My kids have no interest in cleaning carpet. They are set on becoming accountants and teachers. So I'll need to find someone else to tell what to do.
Ungrateful brats.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes the benefit of adwords is you can be super specific if you choose to.

Don't have to just target carpet cleaning. Actually would recommend starting niche until you know what you're doing.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We aren't huge fans of adwords because we are getting a lot of clicks from India, Texas, random areas that we are not targeting. In your analytics account you can see the "source referral" and when it says ads.doubleclick google, that is from your adwords ref path. We only run about $200 a month on adwords just to have our name on the first page more than once. (We already rank on first page for google places) so it is nice to have your name on that first page a little more. Other problem: competitors click on your link a lot costing you. I guess this because the time spent on our page from a lot of clicks is less than 10 seconds.

Adswords, still better than Yelp anyday.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Doesnt have to be all or nothing. You can just run rug ads in a specific town for example.
Really unlimited.

Wouldnt recommend going after broad keywords in a big metro area or you will get slaughtered ^^^^^

Like any marketing you want to own it, if you can only afford to dominate certain keywords/towns then so be it. For now.
Better to dominate a couple then be scatter shot all over the place. For us small ballers any way.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I was told by Google Adwords staff that records were kept of the computer/mobile device that clicked on your Adwords ad. Adwords has a system built into it that prevents your competition from being able to rack up a bill on you.

I have no idea if this is true but it's what I was told by Google staff.

We use and handle our own campaign. I'm a fan.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We aren't huge fans of adwords because we are getting a lot of clicks from India, Texas, random areas that we are not targeting.

Will, you can go in and set up(I think its called) geo targeting, your ads ONLY show up in the towns you choose. I always see ads from some other states showing up here, dumb shats...

Other problem: competitors click on your link a lot costing you. I guess this because the time spent on our page from a lot of clicks is less than 10 seconds.

Not necessarily, could be they just want a phone number... It's normal, people don't stay long.

Reactions: WillS and Russ T.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Thanks J! Yes, we do currently target to our market with adwords, but still get those clicks from far away areas.

Good point on the phone number - I'd be happy if that's why the short stay time. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom