Local carpet installer referral program

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
There is a former ChemDry business owner here in town that quit cleaning carpet many years ago. Now he just sells flooring and does installation. I would like to develop a referral program for him and another guy 30 miles away.

• I was thinking about printing up some business cards designed for referral business - or something similar.
  • If you are currently involved in a program of this type - what is the % you give them for the referral?
I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Amygeorge

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a great relationship with a local flooring place. They refer to me for free, because I make them look good. However, I realize all the stars had to line up perfectly for that to happen. When I was in the flooring business myself, I offered the first cleaning for "free". My slogan was"if you buy from me, the first cleaning is free". I would then sign many of them up in amaintenance program similar to what is taught at strategies. That was a successful approach for me. It made me a full service dealer. If I were in your shoes, I'd design an offer based on a 50% discount on the first cleaning (paid to him) if he sold a maintenance program at the time of the initial sale.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
There is a former ChemDry business owner here in town that quit cleaning carpet many years ago. Now he just sells flooring and does installation. I would like to develop a referral program for him and another guy 30 miles away.

• I was thinking about printing up some business cards designed for referral business - or something similar.
  • If you are currently involved in a program of this type - what is the % you give them for the referral?
I appreciate any advice you can provide.

Amygeorge
Hey Amy, HERE is one way to reach out to retailers and keep them forever. (If anyone doesn't want to mess with the easy download program just email me at stevet@jondon.com)

Steve

PS Amy, I hope to see you next week in Garland!

Reactions: amygeorge

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
thanks, y'all.

I should have mentioned these are part-time, semi retired guys that don't have a traditional store front... However, I will treat them as if they do. I always felt like my approach to them would be more "simple." I will visit with them to encourage them to discuss a maintenance program, etc. I have never done that with them. They have always sent business my direction and I have never provided a percentage and feel it's time to do that.

Steve, I will see you next week...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
thanks, y'all.

I should have mentioned these are part-time, semi retired guys that don't have a traditional store front... However, I will treat them as if they do. I always felt like my approach to them would be more "simple." I will visit with them to encourage them to discuss a maintenance program, etc. I have never done that with them. They have always sent business my direction and I have never provided a percentage and feel it's time to do that.

Steve, I will see you next week...

Sounds like a plan, simple is good, simple is easily repeatable. :headbang:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom