There's no money in carpet cleaning!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
There's no money in carpet cleaning!

I hear that from a lot of the locals and sometimes from other places....They keep trying to do the restoration thing going for the big bucks, but they are driving hundreds of miles away every day to try and keep their staff busy....

Well...we had and excellent day!:headbang:

$4400 church job of carpets, some Tile & Grout, some chairs, and all the pews....

9 hours....

2 Butler High Heat Truckmounts

2 Zipper Wands

2 guys only (me and my son in law)

That $4400 was even after a 20 % discount....we averaged around $250 per hour per van :rockon:

And....are bookings are still coming in crazy!

The Butlers ran NON-STOP as well as us for 9 hours. We had our game on today!
And even better, the church did too.

They had every thing moved, prevaced, Chairs lined up....was the perfect Storm!

2015-05-28 08.57.59.jpg

2015-05-28 08.58.10.jpg

2015-05-28 09.38.28.jpg

2015-05-28 09.28.41.jpg

2015-05-28 11.36.42.jpg

2015-05-28 09.00.10.jpg

2015-05-28 09.00.31.jpg

2015-05-28 11.02.41-10.jpg

2015-05-28 12.40.10.jpg

2015-05-28 12.35.35.jpg

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
How many square feet did you do? Regardless it was nice revenue but a lot of work.
I would be willing to do that every day for that kind of money. Don't know how long I would last.:(

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Two things.....

1. Love the prices you get.

2. Better yet, you have a great working relationship with your son in law.

Our Son in Law Aron Jewett is seriously the best....

I would do anything for that boy and most likely he would do the same for me.

He never complains and is super proud of his work and accomplishments too.

He is just a gem!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
How many square feet did you do? Regardless it was nice revenue but a lot of work.
I would be willing to do that every day for that kind of money. Don't know how long I would last.:(

About 6645 in carpets

463 Linear feet of Pew upholstery

and ended up only being 49 chairs in the end, as they decided to wait on some of the others for now....but doing them all later :)

19 large T&G steps....that took us a bit more time

1344 sq ft of Tile and Grout....and they are having us back to do the sanctuary in the near future as they saw what we can do...

They are going to be changing out some burned out lights and to do that, they have to pull the pews out, so they are going to make it easier for us to clean that area when the do the lights :)

And....even with our discount....we were 1/3 still higher than the other bidders, but we had the best reputation and reports of satisfaction, so they wanted to do business with us....very humbling to us....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's truly amazing, what the right couple guys with the right equipment, can accomplish in a day!

All those years without a Zipper must seem like a distant and terrible memory.

You and Aaron are true pros.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It's truly amazing, what the right couple guys with the right equipment, can accomplish in a day!

You and Aaron are true pros.

Russ, I have been thinking about still making the trip this weekend to give you a hand and drink some of that microbrew....

Just don't know if my business is going to leave me alone long enough....oh....and I would bring a Butler and a couple Zippers....and.....everything I could fit in the van :)

And the only payment would be microbrew :rockon::biggrin:

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Does Aaron have a twin?

Maybe this hypothetical twin would LOVE to come work for The Clean Machine?

We are ready for the right guy. My brother in CO is about to get a proposal I think.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The most amazing thing about this proposal is that it is sincere.

We have worked it out to clean the tile this Sunday and the carpet 2 weeks later. This is doable and doesn't scare me nearly as much.

We ran our numbers against last years just last night. We are UP over last year despite us leaving for 3 solid weeks in Jan-Feb. then we went to MF in Clearwater. When I'm not working, TCM is not making $. Very encouraged by this. May was more than double what it was last year. MORE THAN DOUBLE. Last year was our biggest year ever.....

I have a call in to my brother in CO and even possibly looking for another van. I feel like I don't even know how to do this. I've almost always been a 1 man show. Times seem to be changing around here.

Mark, THANK YOU for that proposal. I don't think I need you for Sunday but I can't tell you how much the support you give means to me.

Well off to the races! Biggest day of the week (I count Sunday as the first day).

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The most amazing thing about this proposal is that it is sincere.

We have worked it out to clean the tile this Sunday and the carpet 2 weeks later. This is doable and doesn't scare me nearly as much.

We ran our numbers against last years just last night. We are UP over last year despite us leaving for 3 solid weeks in Jan-Feb. then we went to MF in Clearwater. When I'm not working, TCM is not making $. Very encouraged by this. May was more than double what it was last year. MORE THAN DOUBLE. Last year was our biggest year ever.....

I have a call in to my brother in CO and even possibly looking for another van. I feel like I don't even know how to do this. I've almost always been a 1 man show. Times seem to be changing around here.

Mark, THANK YOU for that proposal. I don't think I need you for Sunday but I can't tell you how much the support you give means to me.

Well off to the races! Biggest day of the week (I count Sunday as the first day).

You know if you need help....YOU CALL ME! :)

And congratulations on having to possibly take the next step....

And again....CALL ME....and at least I can lend an ear and maybe help you think through this and how to do this as us small town Midwestern boys would do....

Have a great one Russ T.....I am off to the races here too...

Reactions: Russ T.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Russ T.......i had fun wit yous two........however i fell madly in love with Mel...
she's as cute as a basket of bunnys....you are truly one lucky man.....but i'm guessing you know that!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Wow! That was A lot of work for one Day!! You have an amazing team Mark!

I need to get Greedy/Motivated again!!-- Life is Good and I've become Lazy and Complacent.. Maybe If I had another Tech "to feed" or a Big ass Commercial Mortgage payment I'd get on that "tread mill" of chasing the mighty Dollar again!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Home a little after 8 last night. Another big day for the Kid.

Here's the 1/4 pound beef brat Mel had waiting for me! It was paired with an IPA (of course)...

image.jpg

I crashed hard about an hour later.

We rest on Saturdays and I'm hitting it hard tomorrow!

That was a LARGE May for us. More than twice what it was last year. It felt like July honestly.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Developing the key people in your business makes your life a lot easier. These big jobs with a higher than normal ticket are what keeps the lights on so to speak. I have no problem charging for the efficiencies we have built into our business. The Aerotech makes dual wanding efficient and effective. Ti wand or Zipper makes working these big jobs a lot easier. Way to go, Mark.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom