Anyone have any info on this APO?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I want to rebuild this thing,and there isn't any sticker as far as who makes it..
1435637909533.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
If the motor is still working, I would suggest just giving it a good cleaning. The rubber diaphragm could be ripped, or it could just be the check valves it should have one on each side, they work together to keep the water pumping out, from the amount of debris in the pic, they could just be stuck open.
These are very simple pumps and work really well, pump just about anything as long as it can make it through the two ports.
I was trying to make one out of a windshield wiper motor...it pumped a ton of water, but just like the one above it hadf a pretty good surge as it works so you might need to place something on the hose to keep it where you place it.
Awesome pump out you will be happy once you get it going.

Reactions: Able 1

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jim Martin was repairing them for people a few years back. I'm sure he could give you tips on it Keith. I have one that came with our PC 805. They work great if you use them regularly but like all pump outs if you don't use them they can have issues when you finally go to use them.

I'd keep a couple of diaphragms on hand just in case one goes down on you.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I have a couple of these

The stock balls became oblong and didn't seal. Remember getting an upgrade white ball.

As will all pumps that use springs. Hair is the killer. Is good pre filtet no problem

It will to pas 3/8 gravel.

If you do use. Look into an expansion blatter( used by plumbers) on the exit. With every pump the end of the hose will move

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I have lost 2 steel drive plates my employees would use to hold end down and forget it at customers house

Able 1

Name
Keith
So, breaker and on off toggle switch? What is the breaker set at?
1435806333547.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Dude, stop biting your nails...... And clean them, I can't stand grease on/under my nails....... Wear gloves..........No glove, no love.....

Signed finger banger.......:clap:

Reactions: Able 1

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
That pumpout was used on the Avenger 600 (among others) and the wiring diagram shows the breaker as a 20A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sorry, I was on vacation.. I'm thinking of asking $600 for it depending how much it costs to rebuild..

Reactions: kingjoelking

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I bought one of those a couple of Years ago from Allen Equipment in Tempe/Chandler AZ. I think they have another one for sale on their shelf right now. They can probably answer any questions you have.

Reactions: Mikey P and Able 1

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Ive had it for 2 years and have not had a single problem with it. I use a devastator pre filter so there is very little fiber or debris it ever has to pump out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom