What do you prefer w/Commercial Cleanings

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Do you send out more guys to cut back hours on cleaning or less guys and more hours on cleaning?

We've been sending 5-6 guys total for large commercial cleanings. Instead of 6-7 hours for 6,000 sq. ft. carpet and 2,000 sq. ft. Tile, etc. it is taking us 3 hours with the higher staff. With more guys I believe our quality of cleaning per room is higher as they aren't getting worn out.

Any different recommendations for these large jobs? Or are you just cutting the large jobs into several days of work instead of long days/hours?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We do a lot of Saturday mornings like that. Two or three crews can get quite a bit done in a morning.

Yes and everyone is highly motivated to get done.

They call it the magic hour for me, if I'm still hanging around after 1pm on a saturday...
Things are not going well!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We work most saturdays here too. Larger crews here too. Wish my vans had three seats in them.

Reactions: WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Residential is very busy Saturdays. We don't schedule after 3 though on Sat. Sunday is always reserved for commercial properties and the guys seem to like starting early at 6 or 7 and being done by Noon.

If we could, I would only do commercial and would work at Midnite or 6am all the time. Alot of our commercial is at places that close at 11pm or Midnite and then we get in right after. It is nice having a large crew to bust it out then having to stress about how much you have left.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We will send 2, 3, 4 trucks or more to a job depending on the size. As Shane says, 4- 6 hours seems to be the perfect time on job but some crews get greedy and would rather put in a long day for the extra money.

We work every Saturday and most Sundays. Every other Saturday is an optional day for 1/2 of our crews (the other half have the following Saturday as optional). Sundays are 100% optional. The crews are asked on Monday about the upcoming weekend as to whether they will be working or not. We then fill the day based on staff levels.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Tell me you work on Saturdays when you have been working in the industry for 40 years
"We work on Saturday's" :winky:
Been at since I was a pup. Now I'm an old dog. Nobody likes working Saturday's but ya gotta pay the bills.

Not all my guys but jump at the chance to work OT. I have a tech that is working Fire in the day and working from 5:00 pm-10:00 pm doing dust clean up with the crew that's working nights. 4:00-Midnight

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brian H

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Residential is very busy Saturdays. We don't schedule after 3 though on Sat. Sunday is always reserved for commercial properties and the guys seem to like starting early at 6 or 7 and being done by Noon.

If we could, I would only do commercial and would work at Midnite or 6am all the time. Alot of our commercial is at places that close at 11pm or Midnite and then we get in right after. It is nice having a large crew to bust it out then having to stress about how much you have left.
Nobody there to watch over shoulder either:biggrin:

Reactions: WillS

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Tell me you work on Saturdays when you have been working in the industry for 40 years:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:. I think I earned them off;)
I've worked most Saturdays these past 40 years. I like it and the dual income custys appreciate it. Now in the summers, the wife and I finish up (her knit shop is open Saturdays) and blast up I-75 to our beach place in Oscoda and take off Mondays. Unless I work Sunday. But to answer the OP question, commercial 1 (me) or 2 (someone holding a sign on the corner) work 12-13 hours two or three days until done.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
To each his own, I would rather work long days thru the week (8am till 11pm yesterday) and take weekends off. We have a surcharge that we quote if they request Saturday and they always seem to come up with someone to let us in and pay.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom