HydroDude

Name
JB
framing.gif
:hopeless:

tres davis

Name
tres
Screw all of that. Find a way to dry it.

Yes, agree with you there. The adjuster was happy with sanding and leaving equipment on until dry so the homeowners are happy. The sanding opened it up and its drying quickly. Should be able to pull everything by tomorrow. Thanks everyone for their input and thank you Fred C for the wiki link confirming that I am not a moron!

Also, we are not involved in build back hydro dude but I will pass the info along to customer/builder
Thanks

tres davis

Name
tres
Now hydro dude is confirming that i am a moron ha
Either way, I am happy that this whatchamacallit board is drying and everyone is happy.

FredC

Village Idiot

sill.jpg

:hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:

2318.1.4 Sills and/or base plates.

2318.1.4.1 Sills and/or base plates, where provided in contact with masonry or concrete, shall be of an approved durable species or be treated with an approved preservative and shall be attached to the masonry or concrete with 1/2 inch (13 mm) diameter bolts with oversized washer spaced not over 2 feet (610 mm) apart and embedded not less than 7 inches (178 mm) into a grout filled cell of masonry or into concrete. Base plates shall be placed in a recess 3/4 inch (19 mm) deep and the width of the base plate at the edge of a concrete slab, beam/slab or any other type of construction which uses a masonry surface or concrete slab, or be provided with an alternate waterstop method as approved by the building official. Alternate methods of anchorage may be designed by rational analysis by a registered professional engineer or a registered architect proficient in structural design.
http://www.floridabuilding.org/fbc/thecode/2013_Code_Development/HVHZ/FBCB/Chapter_23_2010.htm

:hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:

Note both terms in this image and what they apply to:

FL_EB_FIG_A3_5.jpg

:hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:;)

Last edited:

HydroDude

Name
JB
Fred that's not even wall framing...that's part of the foundation...long way to go until your ready to start framing your wall...:headbang:

FredC

Village Idiot
nm...you win....you can call it a sole plate

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
let me try this one last time:

.a sill plate is the bottom of a widow ( term. window sill)...:icon_rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sill_plate

a window sill and a sill plate are two entirely different things

Happy BD!

but to be honest I DO call base plates or sole plates ...sill plates......and will continue to do so whether technically correct or not

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I've been calling it a sill plate for as long as I've been involved in construction. Which is about 20 years. I dried a bunch of sill plate this week. We also installed a bunch of it as well.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I think it's a regional thing. Around here, where most of the construction is slab-on-grade, the member that sits on the slab and supports the wall studs is simply the bottom plate or sole plate. In homes that have a foundation wall and crawl space, the wood that sits directly on the foundation wall is the sill plate. The wall studs do not connect directly to it (as shown in Fred's diagram posted above). But that's just this area - YMMV!

FredC

Village Idiot
Even though I call them sill plates (when they are like in the pic)...............I think my point was entirely missed.....................a sill plate is NOT part of a window framing as stated earlier

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom