best source for Hydramaster cds wastetank seal

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
The seal on my Waste tank is disintegrating again. The last one I bought from Jon Don and it was kind of flimsy looking compared to what was on my truck before. It lasted about 3 years. I guess that's OK but I wonder if there is anything available that is better.
At one point years ago I glued Weather stripping onto the lid but that totally did not work. The glue did not hold up and the seal just came loose.
So I guess the original design is the way to go. Who sells the best seals?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Every time I call hydramaster I end up on hold forever. I have left messages in the past that were not returned. I have called them with technical questions in the past and I could just feel that they were rolling their eyes and that they really didn't want to be bothered. The give quick and unclear answers and I know they can't wait to get off the phone. Last year I had to buy a replacement blower from them. I drove to their facility from Coeur D'Alene because I needed to be back in business quickly. When I got there there was nobody at the reception and I was wandering the halls for 15 minutes before i could find someone to help me. LPM called them in advance to let them know I was coming yet nobody there had a clue and I had to wait another 30 minutes before they finally found a manager who could OK my pickup.
Recently my machine needed a new driveshaft and the price I was quoted was 900.- ...For a drive shaft!!!!
I am having mine rebuilt with new yokes and u joints for a fraction.
So no, I have not called Hydramaster.I just have not found them to be helpful or fair with their pricing.Really I just don't think they are a customer service oriented company.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Hydramaster has always been very helpful when I phone them. I've had some problems that I have called 2 or 3 times in a day. Over the top technical help for me.
Call JonDon and make sure they shipped you
the correct seal material. I ordered one a couple of years back and my machine used a different seal and they reshipped the correct part. JonDon is another company that has a great service dept.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Hi,
The seal on my Waste tank is disintegrating again. The last one I bought from Jon Don and it was kind of flimsy looking compared to what was on my truck before. It lasted about 3 years. I guess that's OK but I wonder if there is anything available that is better.
At one point years ago I glued Weather stripping onto the lid but that totally did not work. The glue did not hold up and the seal just came loose.
So I guess the original design is the way to go. Who sells the best seals?
You need to check that rim gasket on the tank occasionally. They aren't hard to replace. It's a wear item that doesn't cost much.

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Sorry you have had some difficulties. You can call our Technical Support team anytime you need to between 7am-5pm M-F (PST) and ring up Marcus, Louie, or Craig on our Tech Support Line at 425.775.7275 or 800.426.1301. Press Option 2. Generally, if the entire team is tied up it takes less than 45 minutes to get back to you. We primarily service and support our equipment through our national network of distributors, so I am glad LPM in Spokane was able to help you. They are on of our top notch distributors. You can also access an entire library of operations and maintenance videos for all of our machines at www.youtube.com/hydramastertv.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike Draper

does the gasket go over a lip or the edge of the tank? Or does it lay flat on top?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
It is a U shaped rubber covered clamping strip that goes over the lip. It has a rubber tubing that's attached to it which creates the seal.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
You need to check that rim gasket on the tank occasionally. They aren't hard to replace. It's a wear item that doesn't cost much.
I know, that's why I'm asking here. I'm sure hydramaster does not make the seal themselves so I am just wondering if there is a direct source, because I'm sure if I bought it through Hydramaster there would be a big markup. Just trying to save some money.

Name
Brad Gouveia
If you get it form Hydra master it would be $5 a foot.

You would think if they really wanted to show a good effort they would just send him the gasket with a note saying sorry for the poor service/experience. Hope you give us a second chance.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Its a Trimlock molding. You can also call my local supplier at 262-784-3663 if you haven't ordered it already . Make sure you order it without the metal.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom