Used PowerFlite 10gal Extractot - thoughts.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
After having issues with my machine recently it occurred to me that it's just essential I have in place better fail safes to fill in during equipment breakdowns.

Locally there may be an opportunity to get into an 18 month old 10gal PowerFlite BlackMax extractor with a 500PSI pump and Twin 3 stage vacuum motors and Perfect Heat System.

Just wanting people's thoughts on this proposition?

The video on the BlackMax 10gal vacuum motir replacement process shoes a blue pump head.

At the risk of asking a stupidly long odds question; anybody know what pump is used in these units and what it may be like driving a 360i with the tap - just a little bit - open?

The seller wants about 50% the cost of the new unit.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yep. I have the 13 gallon - same idea, pumptec pump. You'll need to add another cord for the heater as it will blow breakers in a stock configuration with the 25 amp draw. Put a fan in the motor compartment, 5 inch works well for me.If you don't, you'll burn through pumps or pump motors every 6 months. Don't run more than 50 feet. Stock components are shitty. Get a cat 1xp pump and ditch the Chinese vac motors for some local 5.7's. Change the disc thermostat for the heater to a selco 240 snap thermostat. After you do that it's got awesome heat, decent vac and a good pump. Get 12-3 cab tire for cords.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Right so not a turn key solution then?

Hmmm

Seems a lot to do to have something I can take to work.

Thanks Willy.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It really rocks when you get the wrinkles ironed out, but you can take your time with mods if its in decent shape. DON'T wait to install the fan.I love mine,never let's me down, but I did a lot to bring it into what I wanted. I've never been happy with stock configurations on any machine as they can always be improved on.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Even knowing what I'd want to do with it, if it was in my area, I'd probably buy it Grant. Like the Old Coastie said, take it for a test drive, listen to the vacs and check for whine. Bring a wand and see how much the pressure drops when keyed - pumptecs usually dump 100 to 150 pounds when keyed, depending on the flow. It's always a charm to have back up too.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I sold my PF for an Mytee M-5.. I would never go past 25 ft with stock PF---Willies mods will help and might be cheaper then buying new. Switch to two 5.7 3stage vacs in parallel.
Mytee has replaced the M-5 with the M-12 I believe.- can go 50ft 2 inch hose if your standards are high-- or 75ft will diminished returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P
Name
jack zerkie
I have the EDIC 500 psi two 3 stage and the outside mount heater great unit.I have trouble with the LOW handle and profile of the unit. The weight is not balanced and I find it very hard to move up stairs due to the low handle and weight.I would like to get a powerflite unit but know the quality is much less than the EDIC. Has anyone else noticed a problem going up the stairs. I .m 5-10 and maybe if I were shorter it would go up the stairs easier ? jz.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Thanks guys. The second ha d unit is not near me. I'd be buying sight unseen.

Carpet gear in Australia is absurdly expensive. Just Bonkers.

I would - love - to buy the EDIC Galaxy that Mikey reviewed a while back.

They are not sold here. I am prepared to pay the expensive shipping cost but American Extractors, who initially said they would quote supply - never did.

If I could find somebody to handle logistics I would go that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom