2.5" Hose.......What's Good?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
hose_zpsbsdiyaje.jpg

OK.....now that I've upgraded the Thermalwave Vortec to 2.5", I've discovered that my old Greenie supplied 2.5" is like a little bit.....stiff? The connectors leak, the cuffs leak. It's like trying to clean with a 4" drain hose. Whose got the best and latest softer 2.5 hose and connectors? I still will use 2" to the wand.

And for the smartasses here.....yes, I'm gonna touch up the paint.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You know what I like about Joe?

He aint on facebook.

He is (kind of) and I have him on my friend list....

He doesn't post, but he follows....

But I know what you mean initially with that statement :) and agree :)

He has contacted me a couple times and I did talk to him a couple weeks ago....

Don't really know much more than that myself

Still like his cuffs especially his newer "Perfect Seal" and they do have locking ridges that were put on them about 4 years ago (maybe more) that now they don't come apart on the reel...etc....

And he has control of some pretty hose color choices.....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
image.jpg

Olson at Superior has really high quality 2.5" hose. I'm converting but haven't had time to mess with my waste tank lid and Devastator.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Well, someone posted of FB, CCP, that they were using a softer 2.5, right to the wand. I've still got the old 2.5 Greenie hose with the aluminum (nice) connectors, but they seem to leak a bit. I did find a fantastic deal on some older style 2.5, but would like to find a more flexible hose, if it's out there.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Back when I started getting into this hose stuff I did run 2.5 to the wand.....even amflex is too much for all that, shoot I even ran a Y off the back of my PC Quad just messing around....crazy suck that was for sure.

Name
Nate W.
Well, someone posted of FB, Hack Hatchery, that they were using a softer 2.5, right to the wand. I've still got the old 2.5 Greenie hose with the aluminum (nice) connectors, but they seem to leak a bit. I did find a fantastic deal on some older style 2.5, but would like to find a more flexible hose, if it's out there.

I've bought that blue Prochem 2.5" hose when they were blowing them out for $50/section......... The lady hooked me up with free shipping and sent me the last 4 boxes they had.... It's super stiff, but it does the job....

A local cleaner went VLM and asked if I wanted to buy his 50' for $50...... It's way more flexible and he said he got it from Greenie..... It's like night and day difference....

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Do most guys have to have a waste tank lid specially made when going to 2.5"??

My Cleanco is set up with 2, 2" vac ports. I plug one up all the time.

I suppose I could go with 2 hoses to the Devastator but seems like a hassle.

2.5" out of waste tank, through the Devastator seems best...I think.

Name
Nate W.
Do most guys have to have a waste tank lid specially made when going to 2.5"??

My Cleanco is set up with 2, 2" vac ports. I plug one up all the time.

I suppose I could go with 2 hoses to the Devastator but seems like a hassle.

2.5" out of waste tank, through the Devastator seems best...I think.

Depends on what you want... If you don't want to drill your lid, then just run 2 short 2" hose to a "Y" with the 2.5" on the the out, then 2.5" hose from there to the Devastator... Or you could just use your "Dev" in place of the "Y" but have it so it's mounted in the van for less hassle.... If I had a "Dev" I'd just use it that way... You keep your lid in stock form...

Or if you do drill it, you can always reduce it with the 2.5" cuff to 2"... What do you really want to do.....?

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't really want to drill the lid. I want it to look tidy but decrease dry times. A couple stubby 2" to a Y would do it I suppose. Thanks man!

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom