#20... SS370 build

Mikey P

Administrator
This will be my 20th truckmount.

14 with Coit, Butler, Vortex, Steamway 2100, Judson C4, Aerotech and the now the 370..

2015 Extended Transit 350 passenger (35k miles for $26,500= saved 15k atleast) is on the way from Texas

1FBZX2ZM6FKA31145-1c.jpg

The dealer pulled the seats and carpet kit for me..

Pulled out the HVAC system as well..
ONTvuyh8N_tBFp2lp0RJkuRB3dfZ6cscwimBGpkrVKv5sBHTHKXVXY67DL_3hAMpEJKEU3wC2Y4pdVVXfA=w1274-h955-no.jpg

The allure of a passenger van is rear AC and visibility. We'll wrap the whole thing with the perforated vinyl. Back up camera and lane change alert included.

AD2R_YfZND9-IjQnCJrkkA8ep3CQYAZF_gh1mxrTVUx8gmmjyYGerC6CMNIvGCCORpW7eaVWSsmefIpQ5sY=w717-h956-no.jpg

Not mine but shows the included submount water tank. If that tank prohibits the mounting of the Rokan reel on the side I may go with a wheel well fresh tank.

o.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
That is awesome Mike congrats, I like the van too. I well be interested in what your thoughts are on the 370, I love my legend for 90% of my work load, it has performed awesome and has always done a great job.
I think the 370 is quite a bit better and has a amazing foot print to help maximize van space.
Looking forward to this as you progress with it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice van! Love the foot print of the 370! :cool:

How much water in the submount? I looked at a Legend with a submount but it was only 65 gallons.

how come you didnt go with a bigger tm mikey?

Because Larry Capitoni says a 45 blower is all one needs to run one wand. Since this unit has a 46 I'll still be a step above him in cleaning performance. 359 steps if you consider he's too stubborn to run a RE.

I've had the 48 blower that is on the 1200 and the 570. Doesn't make a dimes worth of difference for one hose. Just creates more heat.

heat kills...

add more Biosolve instead.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How much height from the top of the water tank to the roof?
Is their 40-inches? If so you could have a frame built out of angle or square tube and mount a V-38 to it.

Mikes%20Setup_zpswzzeqmfb.jpg

Reactions: FFA

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Because Larry Capitoni says a 45 blower is all one needs to run one wand. Since this unit has a 46 I'll still be a step above him in cleaning performance. 359 steps if you consider he's too stubborn to run a RE.
I've had the 48 blower that is on the 1200 and the 570. Doesn't make a dimes worth of difference for one hose. Just creates more heat.
heat kills...
add more Biosolve instead.

yeah bought the pro1200 to look pretty.
i understand where your coming from.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea a V-49 250 will hold 250 but its 49-inches high so it will need to be mounted to the floor. Its is narrow though, like 20 inches wide I think. ???

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Hate to tell you but you wont be running two 150 foot lengths of that blower. Upholstery yes, carpet no way..
Like I said, I tried with the Judson.

thanks ok, most hose runs i do dont exceed that anyways.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No I like V49 too for carpet trucks. We use the one that hold 200 they are 16-inches wide and we just hang two 50's in the back. I don't like the short & wide ones but if you need the space I though you could fab up a frame for the V 38. For the WDR trucks we use the V49 with 250 hose and carry a couple of extras vac sections.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Mike drop the out dated rokan reel and get one from reel innovations. H3 said he nearly has the low roof kits ready.

We will have somewhat close set ups :)

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Hate to tell you but you wont be running two 150 foot lengths of that blower. Upholstery yes, carpet no way..

Like I said, I tried with the Judson.
If you would have re-done that Judson with the #45 the way my #45 is set up, you could have easily run 2 wands each at 150' and more.

On another note, that is going to be one nice rig, both your new van and the 370!

Reactions: Scott S.
J

JS41035

I saw 3 trucks cleaning here in Pigeon forge last night. All air cooled. I don't miss that klanky lawn mower sound at all. I would definitely go with the 570 if you could.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hum, like the transit but somehow can't picture you with a 370...

I didn't think to ask the guy from Tom King (that had the Everst mounted in the transit) all the questions I had while driving back home.

Reactions: rwcarpet

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Nice setup, but I hope you demo'd it. (I did.) After running with the big boys, you might be in for quite a surprize, vacuum -wise. My Pro 1200 should be here and installed by months end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom