51% linen 49% cotton

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Sofa 51% linen 49% cotton off white . Label says solvent clean only. Anyhow. The moving company dirtied it up in one spot. . What's the best solvent to use . Which would be the best protector to apply to the sofa. And if the owners don't want us to use solvents which chems would you use to wet clean it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
OMS and terry towel. Wear nitrile gloves.

Depends on the level of soiling but it may need some solvency to remove rubbed grease type marks. Avenge on a terry towel, blot and dry with hair dryer. Careful not to scorch the fabric.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Are you spot cleaning? or the entire piece?
Dry cleaning is a joke, so I never offer it. Master blend has a dry cleaner, almost every manufacturer has one. Spray and towel. Still have to watch out for a soil ring, Feather it.

As per wet cleaning:
Depends on if the cotton is refined or has some remnants of the seed of the cotton. Test on a zipper side with what you're cleaning with for browning or brown specs.
PC has a delicate fabric pre-spray and a delicate fabric detergent. Or follow with a mild rinsing agent. If browns or specs use the white cotton formulas, though you'd wnat to test how the linen does with it. If using it, I'd go with a diluted one (not as strong as suggested as it is too strong.)

If it does not work, send the bill to Richard. He'll take care of you.

Mikey P

Administrator
MasterBlend has a good dry cleaning solvent. If you want to be extra cautious apply it first (After a dry vacuuming) to loosen oil based soil and "seal/waterproof" the fibers.

Then use a mild water base solution on top of it with a sponge or brush. Can't go wrong with Prochem's Fine Fabric Shampoo.

Extract with your myteedry tool. If you don't see any sort of signs of shrinkage (watch the skirt corners, they'll tell you) use an all fiber rinse through the tool. Other wise it's OK to leave the solution combo mentioned on if you towel dry/extract.

oh and dont use red dye remover on it.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Works as well as he does too. :oldrolleyes:

If its just hand prints Prochem's Dry Cleaning Compound (OMS) is what we would use for light pickup soil. However if those tards rubbed it on a greasy door jamb or floor of a dirty moving truck it going to need a solvent to break it up prior to extraction. Power Solvent or Citrus Gel gently agitate and then HWE with Sapphire tool to leave it dry. Use the hair drier to complete drying. Now if that doesn't do it, deliver it to the Kolton residence. The Mrs loves new furniture! :biggrin:

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Sorry Ray . I ment to tell you I moved up to Carson. No good hwe cleaners up here ....just tampon guys.

Yes Ofer I'm just spot cleaning it . The area looks like some packing tape residue approx 2 inches wide and 3 inches high . The interior designer sent me some fabric to play with.

So which protector to apply.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You should lightly clean the entire piece. You will likely have a spot that looks "different" from the rest of the fabric when you're done.

Its difficult to clean cotton and/or linen and not have some small measure of texture distortion, a degree of "brightness" in contrast to the uncleaned area, etc. None of this would show up if you clean the whole piece, but often shows up in an area that is cleaned by itself.

Reactions: cu and Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Now if that doesn't do it, deliver it to the Kolton residence. The Mrs loves new furniture! :biggrin:
The Mrs. has her own last name and is a proud of it.
Therefore, if addressed that way, the sofa will be returned

Unless of course, Persie answers the doorbell. He loves to lounge in comfort and luxury. White silk, is his fabric of choice.

Delivery person better watch out though. He's a nipper.

11261710_115951825410324_2538877551416721592_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom