870 minor electrical problem

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the reason the fresh water pump stopped yesterday is because the water transfer switch stopped putting out 12 v. It's a little over 9 without having the machine running. It does come up with it running but still won't run the pump. The other plugs all put out over 12 and will run it. I tested both pumps with the same results. I'm reading it at the actual place you plug into not at the switch. I had 12 gauge wire with 8' run to the pump. Used it less than an hour and the dang thing broke. I checked the pump and wires yesterday and both were cool to the touch. Ideas.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Sapphire is an amazing company . Less than 5 minutes after posting I get a call. Everybody was off today but someone still called to let me know they would help out. Ill tackle it tomorrow, It was just to hot to work in the box. I'll start with the switch and make sure 12 v is passing through. I did a quick inspection and there is no plastic smell and I didn't see anything melted.

Gene

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
I believe we have the best team in the business. We are truly on a mission to be the most knowledgeable company in the cleaning business. Thanks again for supporting our brand(s).

DA

Reactions: Dan

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I did a quick check to see if it was the ground wire. No luck. I don't have time until later to look deeper.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Less than 10 minutes with a meter to find the problem. Blown diode. The strange part is all voltages checked out with the switch on. I decided to test with the pump connected and that's when it showed. 000 voltage under load. You could see the little diode had a crack.

Thanks Scott and Sapphire for the help.

Gene

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Scott Harlib is an outstanding diagnostician, and unlike most mechanical types, as a strong customer service commitment and a friendly, patient manner.

If it were up to my service manager we would only sell Sapphire machines.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I'm still doing the happy dance. First residential job I did last week I got a walk up and he said " that is one nice set-up you have". I agree, it's badass!!!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Weren't you a Butler diehard fan? What made you switch?

Still am. I think Butlers are fantastic machines but a few reason lead me to slide in, primarily a tall van that Butler doesn't install in. Trust me, I had Daryl from Butler calling me all the time trying to get me to buy. My new truck is built with a lot of Butler influences.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom