ACID SIDE PRESPRAY

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Soil in carpet is on the acid side I was told. So thinking " Like" desolves "Like" wouldn't it make sense to use an acid based prespray to blend and emulsify the acid based soil?

Then use a alkaline emulsifier to neutralize the carpet?

Since Mikey seems to have taken all of the credit for my idea of a POWDERED ACID rinse just thought I'd bring this idea up. : )

YEAH JUST READ MY BACK POSTS YOU IDIOTS.................YES IT WAS ME WHO ASKED WHY THERE WASN'T A POWDERED ACID RINSE!

PISS OFF!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If I recall, Doc Aziz said most common residential soils were alkaline

everything else in his presentation was pretty much over my hED.....:icon_redface:

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I am looking for a more professional discussion here. Not OPEN ATTACKS ON ME!

DO I HAVE A TARGET ON ME?

Look I came up with the powdered acid rinse idea.............and it should be MY picture on the side of FLEX ICE and not Mr. "LURCH".

: )

And besides you are missing my point.
An acid based prespray will emulsify all of those stains into a "slurry" to be cleaned and rinsed by a alkaline prespray. Just doing the opposite of what's done now.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
One thing I have learned here is that different areas of the country, different customer sets, etc. there are many different soil types. Hard to make sweeping generalizations. Who was it that said soil in carpet was acid btw?

And if the soil is acidic, is it really true that using an acidic prespray would work better? I dunno - where's Shawn F?

If all soils were the same, I doubt we would have the multitude of different presprays we have today......

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
New surveys from Floor Covering weekly showing continued gains by oil-hungry Polyester (and PTT) . . .

despite more residential and commercial customers asking for Nylon.

We do have a new "Biorenewable prespray" product for "Poly types" at the Experience Booth #114

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Its not just soils but types of carpet that determine presprays.

if natural fiber maybe.
(Wool, silk, etc)

but synthetics??...not so much
If you don't need a sledgehammer, don't use it is really what it comes down to on synthetics (poly, olefin and nylon)

Since when is piss poo and pop alkaline?

if i recall......urine is acid when fresh from the spigot, then turns alkaline after dried

..L.T.A.

steve_64

I didnt know that about urine Larry. How old before it changes? I didnt think urine really dried completely.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I didnt know that about urine Larry. How old before it changes? I didnt think urine really dried completely.

No clue how long. ..days weeks? ?

One of the smArt folks might know

Certainly dries though
Go pee on the sidewalk and see for yourself

Whether or not the salt crystal acts as a desiccant I donno
But doesn't mean it never "dries" does it? ?

LTA

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The optimum growing range for plants is 5.5 to 7 ph so I would say most soil is acidic. A vacuum cleaner works best followed by An alkaline prespray.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom