All with a Cimex?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
image.jpg

Huge job coming up for Sunday.

Large commercial facility with a combination of CGD, VCT, and tile/grout. All maintained pretty regularly. Last time was a little under a year ago. VCT will get a scrub and recoat.

Only the shaded areas are being done.

How would you attack it if you were alone? How about 1 relatively untrained helper?

I have most of the toys a hack could want so fire away please!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'd have the helper zipper or cimex the carpet after you show him the basics and you do the scrub and wax with another OB machine if he is using the cimex. Jobs like this are great for training a newbie on the repetitive motion of cleaning. check on him often. Cimex or zipper depends on the price you are charging and the expectations of the client.- just remember to pre vacuum for better results.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Its a little different than last year so I don't have the exact numbers. I'll have to measure when I get there.

Roughly...

5K square of CGD
2K VCT
2K tile/grout

Tile is chopped up all over this large facility. Just trying to be efficient and figure out if it's even possible for me to do it alone in a day. 3 additional areas of VCT in a different building that I've never been in.

Your vans/Zippers plus me on mine....we'd be in and out of there in @ 45 minutes!

Last year was smooth, but done in 2 visits.

I'd love to do it in 1 but I take on too much sometimes.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Think about the hose runs too. Hallways are LONG, a couple hundred feet. And that's not getting me in the building.

See how the tile is buried in the facility?

This is Cimexville for a 1 man band.

I'm leaning toward scrubbing VCT and the tile/grout with the Cimex. Big Yella will make quick work of that carpet.

Still wrestling with my chinsey Shop Vac so I may buy something better this week.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Its a little different than last year so I don't have the exact numbers. I'll have to measure when I get there.

Roughly...

5K square of CGD
2K VCT
2K tile/grout

Tile is chopped up all over this large facility. Just trying to be efficient and figure out if it's even possible for me to do it alone in a day. 3 additional areas of VCT in a different building that I've never been in.

Your vans/Zippers plus me on mine....we'd be in and out of there in @ 45 minutes!

Last year was smooth, but done in 2 visits.

I'd love to do it in 1 but I take on too much sometimes.

The VCT in my opinion is going to slow the gig down....

Would almost consider doing that part by itself one day so you don't have to worry so much about dragging in all that extra to go along with the other cleaning....

Now, if for some reason you schedule it a second day, but things are going along great where you get the other done and still have the energy to start tackling the VCT, maybe you will feel like trying to knock that out too, but I think I would give myself and out just in case and have a second day scheduled too....just in case...

I think the distance between places could be the thing that slows a person down.....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This was yesterday....300 foot hose runs....

Going to be back now at the end of the month to do more work....

They decided after this little show, that they needed more work done :)

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
image.jpg

Phone is blowing up with....residentials!!!!

Today is a big one. Glad this is all that's on my list. They have been prepped that I'll be there all day.

2 vans on this one would make a lot of sense.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hey Russ

That doesn't sound too hard!

Start by cleaning the tile & grout. Scrub all of the tile & grout sections with your Cimex and firm brushes. Wet vac and rinse the tile & grout.

Next scrub the VCT. You can use FiberPlus Max pads to clean the VCT. Apply your first coat of finish. While the finish is drying, start scrubbing the carpet with your Cimex. Return to the VCT to apply a second coat. Then continue scrubbing the carpet with your Cimex. The process continues until you have four or five coats of finish on the floor.

Doing VCT in conjunction with carpet cleaning can be efficient. But making a separate trip out to do just the floors will kill your profit. All in all, it sounds like this job will be easy peazy!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hey Russ

That doesn't sound too hard!

Start by cleaning the tile & grout. Scrub all of the tile & grout sections with your Cimex and firm brushes. Wet vac and rinse the tile & grout.

Next scrub the VCT. You can use FiberPlus Max pads to clean the VCT. Apply your first coat of finish. While the finish is drying, start scrubbing the carpet with your Cimex. Return to the VCT to apply a second coat. Then continue scrubbing the carpet with your Cimex. The process continues until you have four or five coats of finish on the floor.

Doing VCT in conjunction with carpet cleaning can be efficient. But making a separate trip out to do just the floors will kill your profit. All in all, it sounds like this job will be easy peazy!
Man I needed that!

Reactions: Art Kelley

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
What stiff brushes are best for scrubbing tile/grout with the Cimex?

Can they be in Iowa by Saturday?

Thanks

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Rick. That big yellow beast of a machine has helped me to take on some BIG jobs. I want to get even more out of it on Sunday.

The option to go on 2 visits is open to me so the pressure is off, kind of.

I had the PTO Clutch belt replaced and the bearings in the clutch on my Cleanco changed out. The belt is slipping now.

Ugh.

They did have one on the shelf in KC (Closest Cleanco distributer) and will be here tomorrow.

I need another me and another van yesterday.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The first link is what I'm looking at for the tile/grout...

The pads will be for the VCT

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Or....I could just get a good brush and some pads for the 175. That might work for the tile.

Carpet will most likely be done with the Cimex.

I don't have a tank for my 175, so I was leaning toward pimping out Big Yella.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Those brushes from JD will work. Same as we sell. If you can get 'em faster from JD, go for it. The pads from JD don't look like they're for stripping.

Our LightningStrip pads are AMAZING for stripping. They cut finish like a razor blade on the Cimex, and they don't build up with finish. Plus they last a really long time too!
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Lig...e-of-15-for-19-inch-Cimex-Machines_p_213.html
But we can't get them to you in time without expedited (costly) shipping.

Is there any way you could possibly postpone the job?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I appreciate the effort Rick. Service with you guys has been fantastic.

I know JD can get it here faster than "3-5 business days" from Chicago.

I'll have to call them tomorrow. They really are normally faster (a little).

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
P.S. If you can't get stripping pads in time - go to a local janitorial supplier. Buy some standard larger sized stripping pads. Then use an 8" Cimex pad as your template. Using a pair of good household scissors, cut out a set of a set of stripping pads. It's a simple way to get a set of stripping pads in time for your job :)

Reactions: Wing It and Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom