and your reply would be...

Mikey P

Administrator
Hello there,

I am looking to have carpets cleaned in there rooms of my home. I know you all did some work for us in the past, but now it's very important that anyone who does the job does so without using any toxic chemicals. I am looking for a successful outcome without any detriment to the environment. I just spoke with someone who claimed to be an environmentally friendly carpet cleaner, but he couldn't tell me what he did that was environmentally friendly. This is very important to me. We have sold the house and the new buyers and I are on the same page -we do not want to add toxic chemicals to the home.

I welcome your input!

Many thanks

Mike Draper

Many cleaners rely on aggressive chemicals because they mostly use 1 tool for every type of carpet they come across. This tool " a wand" has essentially no agitation. We carry many different tools " actually a whole large truck full so were able to match the combination of tools to what will clean your carpet the best. By using a combination of tools we are able to get away from having to use high alkaline detergents and can use very mild cleaning agents that are free of VOC's and still get great results. Have you seen the before and after pics on our website? Then add in your ending.

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
I gave her this..

[

Hello back!

Well...

Lets see..

My wife and I have been vegetarians since the 1980s. My kids, who both work for me, have been Vegetarian their whole lives

We offer all plant derived cleaning agents that are completely rinsed out with just soft water.

Our incredibly powerful truck powered cleaning, high water flow machine lets us use less cleaning agents than any other carpet cleaner in town.

Our newest diesel truck is certified by California to be Clean Idle.

We water our lawn with our dirty carpet cleaning water.

We are adamant recyclers and raise our own chickens, that eat all our food waste.

And we give to the SPCA every month.

Hope that suffices.

QUOTE]

Mikey P

Administrator
Got it...

Now that is some good input, Mike! Let's move forward. Do you have to come and do an estimate or something of the sort? We have about 550 sq feet of carpet to clean - 3 bedrooms no hallways. There are a few old stains from animal pee. : (( We're looking to have the job done on November 10 in the early afternoon.

Thanks for all you do,

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I gave her this..
[
Hello back!
Well...
Lets see..
My wife and I have been vegetarians since the 1980s. My kids, who both work for me, have been Vegetarian their whole lives
We offer all plant derived cleaning agents that are completely rinsed out with just soft water.
Our incredibly powerful truck powered cleaning, high water flow machine lets us use less cleaning agents than any other carpet cleaner in town.
Our newest diesel truck is certified by California to be Clean Idle.
We water our lawn with our dirty carpet cleaning water.
We are adamant recyclers and raise our own chickens, that eat all our food waste.
And we give to the SPCA every month.
Hope that suffices.
QUOTE]

That's tooooo funny, I had the same type of person book with us a few weeks ago. The week before her appt the emails(from her) start... Sunday afternoon(Monday morning appt) I get an email from her asking for a list of ingredients in the products we use, if I can't get them she would have to reschedule. Trying to explain carpet cleaning in an email, ugggg. I'm like lady I'll clean you crap with water if that's what ya want.

Totally expected this lady to be a clean freak, with a super clean home... Not so much! Worried about chems and you got cats pissing in your house.

20140915_101749.jpg 20140915_101759.jpg 20140915_104430.jpg

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Please let us know how it went, Mike.

I get my fair share of these. Many turn out to be great clients that just care about their home and the environment and a few are not worth the hassle. You kind of learn how to recognize the latter and refer them to a local competitor.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
A nice Solvent Protector should top it all off nicely.

But well done on the sales answer. I have never understood why so many of us cant just say "We use non toxic Bio Degradeable products that are very earth friendly, If needed we can also provide an anti alergen cleaning". And instead want to send them to someone else who will charge them premium money for such a very specific request. The people who make these requests are almost always willing to pay more and expect to pay more because they have been paying $4 a dozen for "Organic" eggs. And $15 a pound for "Organic" sirloin. So their lifestyle has ingrained them to expect and be okay with more expensive.

Reactions: Art Kelley

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Certainly Larry has some hot solvent based chemical you could use. ;)
Some?
Larry has a whole array of "seller friendly" chems to satisfy even the most hard core discriminating client.
Including (if I understood correctly), yet not limited to, fragrance that is guaranteed never to leave the premises. Keith?

KingJoelking (is it Joel?)
There is no reason not to offer it. And it can and should be offered at the exact same price (I do) as there are no higher expenses.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Same thing you wash your clothes in Mam,

We will start in the farthest room and work our way out : )

Thank you

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
James Marsh
I would ask if they use special laundry detergent? If So I can use a couple cups of it and Pre-treat your carpet with it. After that I will extract with plain very hot water. All waste water goes down the sewer system at my house. This way you know exactly what's being used on your carpets. The results may not be as good as using stronger cleaning agents. But you will be confident that your family will be safe.

Ron K

I would ask if they use special laundry detergent? If So I can use a couple cups of it and Pre-treat your carpet with it. After that I will extract with plain very hot water. All waste water goes down the sewer system at my house. This way you know exactly what's being used on your carpets. The results may not be as good as using stronger cleaning agents. But you will be confident that your family will be safe.
Basically what I say Doing a Condo tomorrow with some stuff called bio-clean never used it but she said she feels safe with that and thats that.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
KingJoelking (is it Joel?) Yes it is. :)
There is no reason not to offer it. And it can and should be offered at the exact same price (I do) as there are no higher expenses.

I agree, allthough I do increase the price for green cleaning as the product usually costs more and has a lower dillution ratio. And because it is not something that gets requested very often I am usually buying a gallon of product just for 1 job.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom