Bacon and Vacuuming Stairs

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Changing the order of things. Wanst getting any responses. I really would like to know what do you guys prefer for vacuuming stairs? Do you have a separate vac you really like to use on stairs or do you just use your main vac? If it is just your main Vac, what one do you prefer?

So, I put a profile picture on my account. If you click on it a larger image will open and the bacon will actually sizzle. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, the Shark Navigator with it's 10 or 11 inch head and dirt cup handle make it the best upright for vacuuming the tread on staircases.

One of my guys prefers to lug a Kirby on steps....

Either way you NEED a brush roll to really dig it out, just using a crevice or upholstery tool is going to lead to a lot of call backs to fix wicking.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
NV 400. lift away, nice led lights, airpower hand tool.

If you get one, make yourself a SECURE place for it in your van so it doesn't get crushed.

ps Cleaned bifocals, found a bright light, and carefully squinted to see: Model 571 31
probably minor progressive changes.

Last edited:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Any vacuum in the two hundred dollar range that you will use is good enough. Bag less is better. What ever costco has will work. There is no magic vacuum cleaner on the market even though some think so. The new style where you don't loose vacuum is nice. Watch the nose of the step. Holds more dirt than you'd believe and I don't think homeowners ever vacuum anything but what's visible on the surface. Remember your trying to remove what you don't see. Do one step and then separate the pile and see how you did? Adjust accordingly.

Gene

Reactions: Mikey P

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We use an attachment to our regular vacuum. However, I think we should switch to using our Truckmount with a simple 6" wide open vacuum head. (we need with a simple dust downer attachment).
Whatever you use, you should at least rake the stairs aggressively before vacuuming.
I've done a lot of testing with vacuums and efficiency. Truckmount is the best, a high powered shop vac (5 hp Sears) is a close second and any upright or canister commercial or household vacuum is a distant third.

Reactions: Mikey P

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Does anyone make a decent head you can put on a vacuum or truckmount that has a brush on it and is air powered? Is that what the turbocats are? Do they work decent?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I once saw a video done by Mikey's twin over on that other board on this subject. It was actually pretty good. He got an open head hand tool from the car wash industry and used it in the way a poster ^ described.

It was a short video without an annoying northern accent screaming at me.

Last edited:

steve_64

we use (Genny and I) an oreck to vacuum stairs. its light and powerful. i hold it by the top and bottom of the handle for leverage. the bag fills up fast so we change it often. very little maintenance issues.
but i dont always vacuum stairs im carpet cleaning. i do a lot of rentals so i hack em out with a stair tool.

Reactions: hogjowl and Willy P

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Would this seem ridiculous? I really like this garage vac and would enjoy using it at home and in my shop. I was thinking of mounting it to a dolly and then I could just wheel it around easily. It comes with a long hose and seems like it has pretty good suction. Share thoughts. If someone rolled into your house with one of these would you think they were a damn redneck?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008600U1K...UTF8&colid=2JEQ9N5K6T0ZP&coliid=IEZVTJBG4B614

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom