Battle Of The Direct Drives @ Vegas MFE!

Mikey P

Administrator
Get this..

Mark will have his brand new Saigerized 2015 Butler truck..
Rick Aranda will have his Mark Walberg Limited Edition Sapphire Pro 1200..
Doyle Bloss will have his Ultra Classic Hydramaster CDS..
Lou will be blasting his big 56 Blower Cleanco

All four trucks will be set up for battle right out the roll up door just outside the Mikey's Fest Chillin' INDOOR Tool Testing area!

Enter the "Guess The Direct Drive" blindfold challenge and win extra raffle tickets if you get all three correct

Attendees will be able to test Rotary Extractors, each and every wand, three or 4 types of Zippers, all the best upholstery tools as well as a real nice selection of VLM machines.

I've got 4 local cleaners working on gathering up filthy carpet and upholstery for your cleaning evaluation pleasures...

Now how cool is THAT?

oh and free beer and another kick arse Save The Puppies raffle too!

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
All three should perform about the same, all very excellent units. Their beauty becomes more apparent ten to twenty years down the road when they are still in service and the slide-in units bought at the same time are in the junk yard.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Would be VERY cool to TEST these PTO's against each other.

Most interested in temp at the same flow. No more guessing. The ones who are afraid will run away.

Cleanco is making a mistake, if they don't come. They have a solid unit but no one seems to know much about this 35+ year old company???

I'm glad I took the chance.

Mike Draper

What MB needs to have available is a wand or HOSS with an inlline temp on it. Some companies place their temperature reading points at conspicuos places on their machines to show how hot they really arent.

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Here is my take on the DD showdown:
There is only so much you can squeeze out of a clutch driven system. Whatever machine is set to the highest HG lift, Will win in the "Performance" category.

For ME, what It comes down to in who will truly win, is WHO has the simplest, most streamlined design so the end user can get the most of their already scarce realestate inside their painfully outdated (But dependable and proven) GM vans

We already know who wins in that department, Sapphire's 1200 is a monumental leap forward in PTO design for ease of maintenance and reduced points of failure, and taking up as little space as possible.

Butler comes in neck and neck with the Hydramaster, because even though its bulky and takes up massive ammounts of precious floor space, Its over all mechanical design is far superior than the flusterfk that is Hydramasters 200 peice driveline, but Hydramasters has about as small of a footprint as the 1200.

This may come off as a giant reach-around for Sapphire, as I hold a position of influence on another "Discussion medium", Ill put that idea to rest with the fact I think their Hoss 700 is a painfully slow RE that I will never own again.
And that their CFM advertisement on the 870 is an outright lie.

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Would be VERY cool to TEST these PTO's against each other.

Most interested in temp at the same flow. No more guessing. The ones who are afraid will run away.

Cleanco is making a mistake, if they don't come. They have a solid unit but no one seems to know much about this 35+ year old company???

I'm glad I took the chance.
Cleanco was there last year and is usually at the show. Would love to see them match up against the other TM's.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Russ T.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
What MB needs to have available is a wand or HOSS with an inlline temp on it. Some companies place their temperature reading points at conspicuos places on their machines to show how hot they really arent.
It's a great idea to use an inline temp gauge, moving it from machine to machine. It eliminates the chance that the individual gauges may not be calibrated exactly the same. But if you put it out at the wand you introduce another variable, temp drop through the hose. If you want to compare machine performance then put the inline gauge at the machine outlet.

Reactions: Mikey P

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
All of the PTO will have plenty of suck for a single wand. Who can hold a temp over 200 with a 12 flow should be the test.

As for prochem and a PTO their epic fail I think will hang over their head until we all die. They need to hire bob to show them how it's done.

It would be nice to see a cleanco in action .

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Will all of the ptos have their hoods propped open so the van doesn't over heat just sitting there?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Will all of the ptos have their hoods propped open so the van doesn't over heat just sitting there?
anyone that props the hood open is dumb as a rock...
you want to KEEP the heat in there......and use more DURABLE components that can withstand the heat!
i.e.
210 stat
Gates Green belts
50w racing oil
and......
a four row radiator !
and the most important thing is.......
spend big on spark plug wires..................at least 8mm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom