Becoming one of my favorites....Shear Dry Upholstery tool

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just really liking it a lot of days....I find myself reaching for it most of the time....

Cleaned a lot of furniture today with it....pretty comfy....

2015-09-02 09.23.34.jpg

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I may have to dig my shear dry out again. I did not like the spray soaking me and everything else in its path due to the spray direction both forward (fine) and backward. The center holes sprayed out too forcefully, so I plugged the back center hole.

I know if I dial down the pressure and flow enough that I will not have that problem. But that reduces cleaning performance.

I wish I felt more comfortable with the shear-dry because it is light and nice to work with in other ways, but I still reach for the Hydrokinetic that uses full pressure and flow. More peace of mind I guess.

I have thought about a slight redesign of the faceplate, but as I wind down I am not motivated enough to play with changing a couple things. Seems like Royovac should be able to do that themselves.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
The Mytee is good for light soil.

How long its good for remsins to be seen

In our hands I'd be shocked if it lasted 4 months.

We clean a ton of upholstery.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The SS tool is the Zipper of upholstery tools. It's wonderful in the wide open spaces, but not so great along the edges.

I just wish the internal 1/8inch swivel connectors didn't jam up and worked better. I was thinking of changing them to 1/4 inch but figured that would decrease airflow.

Back
Top Bottom