Best Tablet for job site data entry

FredC

Village Idiot
luv my galaxy note....hardly ever use stylus.........entry done via swiftkey keyboard

but I would buy the cheapest thing available with service EDIT: Something like the $150 tablet at metro pcs

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I am looking to do something similar, as well as sales aids for the guys and documenting previous damage, imperfections.(we do a lot of stone)

You have to get enabled tablet or phone to ease use

Ipad mini 2 $329 and $10 month for data.

There seems to be a lot of 4 phones for $100 / month on T moble and such carriers. Not sure the strings

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i have had a i pad verizon enabled for several years now very happy
but been lookin at the galaxy pro i think would love to hear some feed back en these

Mikey P

Administrator
No real need for fancy resolution screens and 30 megapet cameras for this use.

10" would probably be best and I suppose a Stylus.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How do you print out an invoice for your customer on the spot, with an iPad or other tablet?

I currently use my iPad basically for bookings and carry a laptop & portable printer to do the invoices.

Bit of a pain, but after so long, I guess I'm used to it.

:yoda:

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't. If I don't have their email I ask for it to send them a receipt if not they don't get one. If it's a real issue I'll mail one but so far so good. I got enough shit in my truck without having to carry a printer

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
We email all invoices if for some reason they do not have one witch is rare these day, we mail it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
3-part NCR paper invoices. I leave it, or since I carry envelopes and stamps, I mail it right away.

So 1970 of me I know. You need to talk to Justin about this century stuff.

Mike Draper

i have an ipad mini that ive been using for a while. Ive found that entering things into SM is hard to do because of their ipad format. There are many erorrs in it still. Quite annoying. On the plus side, i jave a flip out case/keyboard that makes things very easy to type. I would definately recommend getting one.

Reactions: hogjowl
J

JS41035

ipad mini. Buy one of the cases with a built in Bluetooth keyboard. I have a life proof but there are some better options. Power inverter and a cheap laser printer in the truck. Easy peezy. Just make sure it has direct print option on wifi. I use a 89 dollar Samsung mono laser.

Mike Draper

I believe I am using the full version. When i called them this is the one they recomended i use

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
IPad Air. Did they ever fix the mobile version drag n drop on the scheduling tab yet to be able to use full version?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Tried it on my iPad with SM, many times. Found it distracted me from direct and speedy interaction with the customer. The "show" didn't help me with the sale. Just enter them later for accounting and fill-my-schedule.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We use a laptop that we can snap off the screen so it is a tablet. The guys need the full keyboard to type in all the notes and details. We show the work order/total to the customer on the computer so they can see everything and make changes if needed. They then sign a half sheet carbon paper with the total and all our safety procedures and any notes that we need to make sure they are aware of. Then we get to work. We email the line item invoice from service monster later.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Just got the Note Pro. Waiting till I get a case on it before I take it out in the field. Much easier to input then on my note 3 phone. And its a Verizon LTE tablet so I dont have to connect it to customers wifi or my phone.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Also be nice to take pics (before and after problem areas)and link it to the customers account (SM) for future reference.

Years and years ago I did a couch with a few discolorations I could not change. I had her sign a statement acknowledging the damage prior to the clean. A couple years later she had me clean the same couch. This time I didn't have her sign a waiver figuring I'd already established that issue.

Don't you know the B word called me up saying I damaged her couch and she's gonna sue me. All she wanted to hear was what am I gonna do about it. So after hanging up I pulled out my shoebox and pulled her reciept with her signature stating previous damage, made a copy and sent it to her. She never called back.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
can somebody give me some advice on how to mail an invoice from my Samsung Note 3 I have customers occasionally saying just email me the invoice but I'm kind of clueless on that I'm like Stockwell 1970 unfortunately that's the year I was born

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom