b. density
c. price

2." " Tabs
a. 3x3 or 4x4
b. foil or plastic
c. sticky
c. price

What is the best?

Inquiring minds would like to know. Me too!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Blue blocks for sure and 4 inch plastic. 3 inch just doesn't get it sometimes. I've had a roll of sticky tabs for 4 years and they never make it off the truck.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Able 1

Name
Keith
Blue blocks, but there use to be a company I think they were called snap blocks that made blocks that were twice as dense as the blue ones(they were white).

I like sticky tabs (3x3)though one of my distributers said I am one of the two in the area that uses them..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I actually have the number still in my phone.. Ray if it's "snap block maker" he does have the best blocks around!

Able 1

Name
Keith
He doesn't sell to just anyone.. If you get him to sell to you, you will have hands down the best blocks made! They hardly crush at all!!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Most guys like blue blocks because they were sold "high density" white blocks and they were the crumbly pos blocks! Send one of those white blocks to guys here and they will love to order them, guaranteed!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yellow won't happen that's Stanley's color.. I have been trying to get those blocks for years!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
There might be one time in a few years that a single sticky tab would be nice, maybe under an area where a u-shaped sofa sits and you can't reach the leg, but if you tip the sofa forward and place a tab on the indentation, you should be good to go. My roll of sticky tabs, (alright my second roll, the first I left at a job), is at least five years old and sits on a shelf in my garage.
My favorite tabs were 4x4 white cardboard that I could nudge with my foot while I lifted furniture, but I can't find those anymore, so I'm reduced to using plastic 4x4s which fit nicely in my pocket in large enough numbers to tab a large obnoxious antique furniture everywhere job.

Reactions: Ralph Pastorelli
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
What Art says I can not find the larger 4x4 foil tabs they were great for molding them around legs and sliding the piece back. Stuck with plastic tabs and blue blocks.

Name
Steve Lawrence
There might be one time in a few years that a single sticky tab would be nice, maybe under an area where a u-shaped sofa sits and you can't reach the leg, but if you tip the sofa forward and place a tab on the indentation, you should be good to go. My roll of sticky tabs, (alright my second roll, the first I left at a job), is at least five years old and sits on a shelf in my garage.
My favorite tabs were 4x4 white cardboard that I could nudge with my foot while I lifted furniture, but I can't find those anymore, so I'm reduced to using plastic 4x4s which fit nicely in my pocket in large enough numbers to tab a large obnoxious antique furniture everywhere job.

4x4's and 3x3's in cardboard available from:

A & A Export
245 W. Roosevelt Rd. Bldg. 10 unit 67
West Chicago, IL 60185
ph 630-520-0358

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I preferred the Martian money ( foil backed paper) because it went in so easy. You could fold the foil up and slide the couch back and it would stay in place. Must easier and faster than plastic. My supplier no longer carries it. I got used to the clear plastic and my customers certainly prefer it. Blue blocks.

Gene

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Most guys like blue blocks because they were sold "high density" white blocks and they were the crumbly pos blocks!

Exactly, color doesn't matter.

4x4 tabs and high denticity blocks(happen to be blue). Is what we use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom