Blue Drum Fresh Water Tank Hack

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
Do they make a metal bracket/housing to secure drums to trucks or trailers? Any other ideas on safely mounting and securing a 55 gallon drum? I plan to have two in my van for fresh water. I have plenty for room so a vertical or horizontal mounted fixture will work.

Thanks

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Drill a couple holes through the top rim .. It'll give you something to hook on to. Maybe run a bar/bracket from rim to wall or ceiling rail. Although not sure if the rail can take the pressure of a barrel or 2 trying to slosh back n forth while driving.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Although not sure if the rail can take the pressure of a barrel or 2 trying to slosh back n forth while driving
I'd go down to a welding shop and have them make you a corral that bolts through the floor.

That's a lot of weight (917lbs) to be horsing around with. Design it to where you can slide the barrels in and bolt the door closed.

Spend a little on safety, it won't be that much and you'll not regret it! :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
How about a E track system like in truck trailers. Using two or three tracks with heavy duty tie downs? Strapped to the wall.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I used the blue barrels back in the day but these agriculture tanks are so cheap why bother with barrels now days. You'll spend more getting the brackets made for the barrels than it cost for a tank.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Used a 50 back in the day. Secured it with one strap and a couple of brackets bolted to the floor. Never went anywhere. Never got it a wreck . It was between the tank and spool and had no where to go should it of happened.

Gene

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Water Storage Tanks =>
Portable Plastic Water Storage Tanks

110_gallon_square_water_tank_lp0110-rt_ace_rotomold.jpg

110 Gallon Portable Utility Tanks

Fitting Placement: Select a Fitting Placement 48" Long Side Fitting Placement35" Short Side Fitting PlacementFitting Loose - I Will Install
Price:
$229.99

Add a Powder-Coated Steel Bands for A-LP0110-RT (Set of 2) - A-LP0110-SBP ($41.99)
Part Number: A-LP0110-RT
Mfr. Part Number: LP0110-RT
Capacity:110 Gallons
Dimensions:48"L x 35"W x 19"H
Weight:60 lbs.
Shi
Manufacturer: Ace Roto-Mold / Den-Hartog
Material: Polyethylene

110 Gallon Portable Utility Tank

A-LP0110-RT Includes:

5" lid

1" Female Threaded Outlet on Longside or Shortside (you choose)

Gallon Indicators

A-LP0110-RT is manufactured utilizing FDA compliant polyethylene resins.

Optional Colors or Additional Fittings Available By Request

TIE DOWN BANDS AVAILABLE ON THIS ITEM

Shipping Notes:
Ship Class: 250
Shipping Weight: 60 Lbs.
Pallet Quantity: 2 to 7

This product may have an 4 week leadtime. Please call or email to confirm stock and estimated arrival time.

Related Items
optional_bands_thumb.jpg
Powder-Coated Steel Bands for A-LP0110-RT (Set of 2)

Part: A-LP0110-SBP
Bands
$41.99

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom