Brush pro + cimex

Name
John
Hey guys new to the forum but not to cleaning... Been HWE guy forever and just got a brush pro to possibly do some encap cleaning VLM.... My question is would a cimex along with the brush pro be a good setup??? Could I do VLM encap on residential and commercial with that set up ?? Thanks for your time

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thats why he's asking. I don't know for sure, I know a CRB and a shake and shine machine work well together.

A cimex might do the same thing a a crb does scrub, I know the crb will dig like a vacuum with the registers on. I have a competitor who use's a crb and a trinity
type macine.

If your using the crb for residential and a cimex on commercial thats a good combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Crb to pull out the gunk -Hair and the like a vacuum won't touch then follow with rotary or op on resi. Can create some amazing results.

I sure wouldn't use big yellow on many resi jobs. ....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
for me, neither works in resi...you'll need an OP or rotary for resi if you'd like to be VLM only.

on CGD: Cimex > BrushPro (or ANY other CRB.)

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We use Brush Pros and Cymex machines for commercial. What we have found is Cymex is faster and more thorough. Brush pro can do a good job on very soiled carpets but you need to agitate from different directions, and slow down. We do use brush pros for pile lifting prior to cleaning both steam and encapping when the client pays for pile lifting.
We don't use encapsulation in residential either. I want to remove as much contamination from the carpet as possible and so far as I know thorough and proper HWE is the best way for that.

Reactions: Russ T.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
We used a BrushPro today at a hotel that we normally use a Cimex - worked great - super fast - easy as could be - now I’m worried housekeeping is gonna figure us out…

Reactions: Desk Jockey

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Yes, it was the 10”. My larger Strong Dry crapped out - boys love the brush pro much better even though it’s smaller.

I’ll have to find out what brushes are on the machine. We used it on the third floor of a Hampton Inn - so not quite as soiled as the 1st two floors where we HWE.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I don't see how your gonna do anything on commercial with a crb. Just to light in my opinion. What happened to the strong machine. Mines still going strong. Used daily

Gene

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
A CRB with aggressive brushes in my opinion works just as well at agitating my pre spray as my Mex does

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yes, it was the 10”. My larger Strong Dry crapped out - boys love the brush pro much better even though it’s smaller.

I’ll have to find out what brushes are on the machine. We used it on the third floor of a Hampton Inn - so not quite as soiled as the 1st two floors where we HWE.

I also have two 10" CRB machines like Amy is describing. They typically come with white brushes. But for the 10" there are 2 different sets of white Brushes.

B354:Soft - White
B352:Standard - White
B351:Stiff - Black

I think they are the Standard of course on these units.

http://brushandclean.com/newsite/pages/en/machines.html
It's now the TM3 on the website.

We only use ours for preagitation for our carpet cleaning.

Cimex would be the preferred encap unit around here for us.

We do love the little 10 inch for agitating stairs. Can't get them completely, but can get most of the area especially since that part has the most soil content typically.

And great for agitation on Tile and grout

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I agree about CRB vs. Cimex, but I’m telling you - it worked like a charm because it wasn’t heavily soiled. We used white brushes. My cimex along with my Orbot was borrowed and hasn’t been returned to me, but a buddy did go by and pick it up from the borrower and has it at his shop.

The strong motor burned up. After using the brush pro, I rather put the $$ into a new one of those instead of replacing the motor.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Guess it depends how many commercial jobs you do in a month. If its the typical cleaner of 1-2 then the brush pro should be fine.

Now once you start doing couple a week the cimex is a great investment.
Just dont want $3k tools sitting in the garage.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Shane, until this job my CRB had only been used for agitation. We’ve been using Cimex for encap for years. It just wasn’t available, but the CRB was and it worked great.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes, I'm sure it works great.

Used a 175rpm for many years to shampoo before buying a cimex.
Doesnt really matter all that much, finding enough jobs is always the challenge.

Reactions: Derek

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I agree about CRB vs. Cimex, but I’m telling you - it worked like a charm because it wasn’t heavily soiled. We used white brushes. My cimex along with my Orbot was borrowed and hasn’t been returned to me, but a buddy did go by and pick it up from the borrower and has it at his shop.

The strong motor burned up. After using the brush pro, I rather put the $$ into a new one of those instead of replacing the motor.

I should have been more specific Amy....

I actually should have said I have "never had the opportunity" to do encap with my CRB :)

But it is sure a great little unit. Wouldn't be without it.

I just meant, if I were doing a lot of encap say square footage wise, the cimex would probably be my choice, but for convenience and get it done, the CRB can do a great job too with the correct brushes.

That's awesome you had that opportunity.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

That sucks a motor burning up. I hope it was a fluke and not a sign of junk. The one I traded was totally shot so for a grand it's still going strong.

Gene

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Mark, I understood what you meant….

It’s flooding in the Panhandle and on the south plains - it’s so flat, water has no where to go. Sure wish those boys would call and borrow my equipment AND send the rain over here…

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Um I don't know if borrow is a good idea Amy is the Cimex in the shop too????

I hate letting people use my stuff always comes back damaged or missing stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: amygeorge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom