Cavitation

glenboy

Name
GLEN
I have a wanner D10 diaphragm pump...iut of nowhere it started pulsating the solution line... The past you could just bleed this out of the system I have tried everything I have no air bubbles coming through my G pH meter which would indicate there is no air leakage or cracked fittings I have disconnected my outgoing line before the Quick Connect and the hot water c** shooting out pulsating I have dialed down my bypass and worked it back up slowly... I am out of ideas only to hope that I haven't busted a spring or a valve in my pump this pump is in a steam genie system PTO Drive

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sucking air at the line going into the chem bucket!
right at the point where it goes thru the panel.......missing grommet will wear a hole in the line you won't even see it....OR cracked flowmeter..ya ya i know no bubbles...sometime there ain't! i alwez throw a washer on the foot valve to hold it all the way down in the jug!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Just replaced pickup valve and entire line going to flowmeter....NOTHING.....THIS IS A HARD HITTING PULSE...I CAN HEAR IT BANGING INSIDE THE HEAT EXCHANGER....ALTHOUGH I have no bubbles and no loss of PSI

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
no milky oil in the pump?

does the float in the flowmeter move up and down in use?

OHH YA......where are you buying yor pex line fittings..cus the ones at home depot are different than the ones at Modernistic

Last edited:

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Bo I switched to clear 1/4 line....my machine was runnning fine...I mixed 5 gallons if chem and DH Dah Da dadadadd....it started pulsing....unlike uasual....normally you can bleed tht air out....this hit a little harder than air

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Shove the solution line inside a garden hose. Cup your hand around the connection and turn it on. If you have any air leaks water will squirt out. Move the chemical valve from on to prime to off and check each. I normally use the bypass line for this but your might dump straight to your waste tank instead of back to the solution tank. if any parts have cracks it will show. Putting it under the hose pressure is the quickest way to find air leaks if any.

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Glen;

That's a very good pump, btw. Some great advice above too. However, let me offer another: Does your pump have a "pulse Hose" off the outlet side? If not, perhaps you might add one. Very easy to do.

Best

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bo I switched to clear 1/4 line

there yor problem you can't run that chit cus you don't have the right fitings ...
yor sucking air everywhure!
in order to run the flowmeter correctly ...you MUST run the pex line......
i am balls on a chopping block SURE of this!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

stanco

One of the most common places for air leaks on the SG pto is where the chem line comes off the brass tee, there is a 1/4 by 1/8 inch bushing that loves to split and you can't see it, I like to replace with stainless, also the 1" brass tee on the pump inlet is a common leak, take it off and retake it with Teflon and also put a lite bead on silicone around it. Any fitting on the suction side of the pump is suspect to air getting in.

stanco

By the way,I sold Steam Genie's in Utah for many years,installed and rebuilt a lot of the pto machines I know every square in of the pto and sizzler,I read all of Bob's posts and am a die-hard GenieCare chem fan.
PS. Bob I have tanks,frames even stainless fresh water tank.

Reactions: bob vawter

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
glen did you replace the line with the braided clear or the straight clear. The straight clear will just suck flat, unless you are talking about the rigid clear. If your using the braided line over tightening the hose clamp will cut it.

Gene

Mike Draper

By the way,I sold Steam Genie's in Utah for many years,installed and rebuilt a lot of the pto machines I know every square in of the pto and sizzler,I read all of Bob's posts and am a die-hard GenieCare chem fan.
PS. Bob I have tanks,frames even stainless fresh water tank.

Its true, itd be Disneyland for Bob in his shop. And btw, nothing Stan does is half assed. Hes very meticulate in his builds. He's got lots of knowledge for us cleaners.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've met Stan at the Vegas show a couple of times.

Stan would you mind posting a few pictures of your self made truckmounts?

Are you building clutch driven or slide in designs?

What is your theory on safety sensors, solenoids and relays?
Are you of the Larry Cobb/ Judson mindset where you expect the operator to be mindful of of full tanks, heat spikes, water flow etc?
Or of the Blue Line mentality where everything is protected from operator error?

Have you landed and the perfect design that you've made a few times now or is every unit better then the last?

Are you optimizing your units for a certain style of cleaning, ie high flow rotary extraction or get in, get out 1.5 whip hose 2 jet wand racing?

Like Bob, do you still believe the Stream Genie is the best mass produced machine ever made?

If you HAD to buy new Mass Produced machine today, which would it be?

Thanks for lurking all these years....:biggrin:

stanco

Hey Mike
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Been crazy busy.
I have mostly built slide in stuff,the one I sold to Mike Draper was pretty much a Genie copy with a few twists of my own.
I like to put stainless cases on the LG heaters,I came up with a auto reignited many years ago that a few guys hear now use, I believe Draper's got Judson using it.
My next project might be a SG pto I have everything I need to start it.

Reactions: glenboy

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Is that is the same Stan that cleans a lot of the airplanes in Utah? If so he has stopped into Superior when I was there and he's a very knowledgeable fellow.

stanco

Sorry forgot to finish your questions.
As far as best mass produced machines, Steam Genie's were never the hottest or had the most vac, but bare to the bones simple was why people loved them.
If I was to buy a machine today I would go Prochem for slide in and Butler for pto.
The new SS 1200 feels to 570 for me.

Reactions: laura@legendbrands

stanco

Thanks Hoody,
Yah it's me and yes I do a lot of airplanes.
Been a nice little nich.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom