Chairs

jrizo1

I have an Account is a restaurant and I clean theit tile and grout floor twice a month
they ask me if I can clean their chairs so i did a sample and they like it
how much should i charge per chair?
about 80 chairs and it will have to be done after 11:00pm
thanks
20150625_172654_zps2wgjy6yo.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have a job where we clean 7 bathrooms , break room tile and all carpet. It takes about 6 hours with 3 people running two zippers. We also clean chairs. I charge 5 for the seats and another 5 if we clean the backs. We hwe the chairs. The last time it was 120+ chairs.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
it depends on what you think they are willing to pay. As a high we might be $10.00-$12.00 as a competitive bid maybe $5.00 as Gene is doing.

Most its going to depend on soiling conditions and how many I think we can reasonably process per hour. If my target goal is $100.00 and I can do 20 in an hour then $5.00 would work. But if they are soiled and it will takes some work to bring them back and I can only clean 10 an hour. I'm charging $10.00

Higher hourly goal increase the price per chair .

Mikey P

Administrator
Now that you tested them, how many can you do in an hour?

And what is your hourly goal per man or truck?

Can you dual tool them with your truckmount?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
We line them all up and they take about 30 seconds- 1 minutes. Most just have 1 spot. I've never figured it like Chavez but that is the best way. I've been at it so long I just know. Hate it when I'm wrong. I looked at some sofas and thought it was fake chenille. It wasn't and took three times longer. I always touch the fabric now. I judged by the house. Beginner mistake.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know who Taco thinks he is? Our local Chavez's will do it for $2 each.
We've been cleaning 15-18 pieces a week for a hospial. Chairs are running $25.00-$60.00 and they are thrilled with the results but even more with the rate. The replacement cost wiuld be at least 10x as much. They are getting another 3-5 years of service for 10th of the cost.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
$3 - $4 per surface for commercial chairs seems to be the going rate around here.
So for a chair with a bottom and a back, the price would around $6 - $8.
Those are "competitive" prices. Some may charge higher.

jrizo1

Thanks for the suggestions I am thinking $8 per chair they are very soiled it took me about 10 min to do one

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
10 minutes per chair seems kinda slow. You should be able to do a chair (bottom and back) in under 5 minutes. In fact if you set up an assembly line with a couple of people scrubbing and extracting, you should be able to bang them out in a couple of minutes per chair. HUSTLE is the name of the game with commercial chair cleaning.

This short video of an encap chair cleaning gives you an idea of the speed I'm talking about. Of course, adding extraction would add an additional step, but at least you'll get an idea of the kind of speed I'm talking about. It's quick work!
http://excellent-supply.com/Upholstery_Encap-Releasit.mp4

Reactions: Desk Jockey

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The chairs in your photo only have a bottom. So it's hard to understand how 1 chair could take 10 minutes. It should take 2 minutes tops.
That video I showed of an encap cleaning on a chair bottom ran 1/2 a minute. It's hard to imagine how a chair bottom could stretch out to 10 minutes.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
This month, as I have for the last 25-30 years, I have to clean a little over 800 stack chairs in a large banquet room. They look like this; front, back bottoms upholstered.
stacked-chairs-9084644.jpg

I've tried various procedures; cleaning them where they sit usually around long tables, lining them up in a semicircle stacked 12 up and 15 around, doing the job by myself or with one or two guys helping. By myself I usually go 60 per hour and it takes two hard days. With a helper about 1 1/2 days (at 80-100/hr) and with 3 guys, one long hard day. I will probably have to do them myself as I have run out of people willing to do this job because it is so hard.

Economy of motion becomes the default choice. I will most likely just clean one stack at a time, cleaning and restacking and moving them back into their place with a hand cart.

25hosecartporty110_zpse22bffb8.jpg

My favorite tool these past few decades is the internal jet PMF set to continuous flow which follows a misting of prespray and, usually, a scrubbing with various sized tools as needed.

Last year I tried using the Rotovac upholstery tool but after a few chairs there was water overspray all the **** over the floor and my pants and shoes and I had to put it away.

july14rotovacsheerdry010_zpsd1a2872e.jpg

I will try my Sapphire UpholsteryPro tool set to continuous flow this year and hopefully that will be the new favorite. I have two so if I can get help we can use matching tools and work simultaneously and maybe crank at 100/hr and finish in one day. (Of course going at this speed is why I lose them).

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Two minutes tops . have them line them up if you can and bring a rolling seat go right down the line.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ashley..

So your employees who push your gigglers have right of refusal on other types of work?

Please explain how that works

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom