Cheapest cat 310 pump?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

The pump you are considering IS NOT the same pump that reputable TM builders use on their TM's.

A good TM builder would use a Cat Pump with the "Hi-Temp" seals (~$110).

That raises the price considerably,

but the seals will tolerate a "run dry" condition.

Larry

Last edited:

falcans

Name
Richard
Richard;

The pump you are considering IS NOT the same pump that reputable TM builders use on their TM's.

A good TM builder would use a Cat Pump with the "Hi-Temp" seals.

That raises the price considerably,

but the seals will tolerate a "run dry" condition.

Larry

what about a general pump then or a comet? my issues are the rpms are at 950 rpms i was told if i wanna go with bigger pump and bigger rpms i have to upgrade my wheel on the pump correct?

falcans

Name
Richard
Richard;

IMO, our General w/Teflon seals is an upgrade.

Our 3.5 GPM pump with Hi-Temp seals is $479

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4796

It has a beefier 24mm shaft, so you may need a 24mm bushing (~$17)

Larry

Larry if im running cold water why do i need hot seals? i be running a diesel burner gonna eliminate the hx right now my mechanic said the heat exchanger is flushing the water back into the pump the plungers are all broken so were gonna cut that off and re route the exhaust cheaper that way he said

windtrax is more expensive

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry if im running cold water why do i need hot seals? i be running a diesel burner gonna eliminate the hx right now my mechanic said the heat exchanger is flushing the water back into the pump the plungers are all broken so were gonna cut that off and re route the exhaust cheaper that way he said

Richard;

Even though you are pumping cold water, the water in the pump will get hot from friction in bypass.

Even more important is "dry-run" when the pump runs out of water.

This is where the Teflon seals will last for a long time versus

the stock seals , which will burn in a couple of minutes.

Larry

Reactions: TMPORTABLEGUY

falcans

Name
Richard
Richard;

Even though you are pumping cold water, the water in the pump will get hot from friction in bypass.

Even more important is "dry-run" when the pump runs out of water.

This is where the Teflon seals will last for a long time versus

the stock seals , which will burn in a couple of minutes.

Larry

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index....oducts_id=4796

Larry for an electric clutch how much will that be? a cat pump 310 is 500 but the parts are more pricey then the general
Also what do i need to replace this pump and how hard would it be to do it my self? my shaft size on my 310 is 18mm i rather buy new pullies so get me a quote on everything and let me no sir thanks

Shipping to buffalo?

R

Ron Campagna Jr.

Hi all, I am new to this board. The 310 pump with Hi-Temp seals would be model 310.3000.

So it doesn't look like I am pretending to be a regular user I will state I am one of the owner's of:

Don't bump almost year old threads to plug your company

Sincerely,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Draper

In my opinion you dont need a pump with high temp teflon if you are running cold water through it. My friends car wash has cat pumps that are original and 18 years old. Cold water doesnt wear them out. Just sold a truckmount with a cat pump 3cp. over 6k hours on the pump. Still works like new because it has only ever had cold water though it,.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have never had a problem with any cat pump I have used. maybe I haven't run enough hours, but this includes working for a company with 6 prochems all with cat pumps. one note not sure if your running a prochem or not. on my machine they used a special diameter shaft that is proprietary to prochem. I found this out when my pump clutch went out. It cost me like $300 for a part that should have been about $75 or so. I would also get the hot and dry seals, because truckmounts do run out of water whereas car wash pumps and other applications probably never do. besides if other people run your machine they will not be so careful when the water runs out and shuts off.

Name
Jim
Hey all, here is some info from Cat Pumps:
  1. The 310 has a 20mm shaft.
  2. We do have clutches available.
  3. The run-dry seals do help if you intend to run the pump without water for brief periods, but they are not needed for responsible cold water use.
  4. The 3CP and 5CP pump series have two high-temp seal options: suffix ".3000" is rated to 190 F and the high-pressure seals are converted to high-temp; suffix ".3400" is rated to 200 F and both the low and high pressure seals are high-temp. We call the ".3400" our run-dry option.
If you need more info, write us at techsupport@catpumps.com Thanks for using Cat Pumps!

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Anybody have a source for high temp seals? My 5cp2120w has 6000 hours on it now and ive never rebult it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
That Hi-Temp Seal Kit is $177 for your 5CP 2120W pump (3 seal sets).

They are needed because of heat build-up in tne pump itself . . .

Last edited:

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Larry is this the .3000 or .3400 seal kit? Also will I need valves as well?
That Hi-Temp Seal Kit is $177 for your 5CP 2120W pump (3 seal sets).

They are needed because of heat build-up in tne pump itself . . .

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
It is the complete Cat 5CP High Temp Seal Kit . . .

(.3000) series which is what we have used for rebuilds.

I would not worry about the valves .

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Do you carry the .3400? According to Cat that is high temp and run dry where as the .3000 is just high temp.

Back
Top Bottom