Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemicals

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
So, Greg has been asking about what chemicals to use and I am wondering the same thing. I wondering if someone could drop a little info on what they prefer. I understand anything from the pros should be good, etc... But, do you have certain kinds you turn to for certain situations? Say a favorite that you have? I live 5 hours away from Olsen, and I will probably get my chemicals from him. I dont really have the opportunity to play with a lot of different ones though, because I live so far away and I dont want to shell out a bunch of cash for a bunch of different kinds, you know? So if there were a few favorites for certain situations, I would like to start there, then if I dont like them, I will hash things out again. I need specifics too, what you guys like to use, unless you really dont have a standard for certain situations...

Greasy nasty carpet and heavy traffic lanes
Everyday carpet that isnt very dirty
Something that is better to use on shorter commercial carpet

Much Thanks!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Not to be a smart ass, but didn't you ask this question in a different way recently (like, yesterday)? I believe Mike gave you a whole list or products. Others said most of the big companies have great products that work similarly and it's just personal preference...

Not sure what you are looking for by asking again. I think it's kind of one of those things you have to figure out on your own with some good ol' trial and error.

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
I believe Mike gave you a whole list or products. Others said most of the big companies have great products that work similarly and it's just personal preference...

I think you might be talking about Gregs post. I dont think I have posted anything like that yet... If you can find my post, quote me on it so it brings me back to it. Sorry for being a pain!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lee is right.
Olson will give you excellent advise

and you are right too:
I understand anything from the pros should be good, etc...
There are people here who would swear by one product and then switched to another and found out it was just as good. Also I am not sure how much real side by side testing was done to find out if one product is really superior.

Disagree with Richard's recommendation. Ultrapac is a knockout traffic lane cleaner. Way too much than is necessary for not so soiled carpet. Butyl rich (not a compliment in my book, causes many people to cough) an over kill for that situation.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Travis, if you utilize the search function in the upper right, you'll find a INSTANT wealth of info regarding just about any subject you want to know about.

I suggest you dive into it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'm glad your here Travis. I have stayed out of your post so you could "learn" about this place and the people that participate on your "own" When it comes to what people use (especially on this board) comes down to what's "cool" at the moment or what they started with or if it aint broke don't fix it or what's the cheapest and what company is going to send me free shit to shill.. In the end most everything that is out there works (on the professional line)

Use the search function and your going to see everything I just said and more. Asking what is "best" is like asking what's the best ice cream and while we know Rainbow Sherbet is the all time greatest some knucklehead will undoubtedly argue vanilla is...

Mikey P

Administrator
What do we use..
Is it the best in each category?
Is it the cheapest?
Is it the most expensive?
Is it the most environmental?

No

For pre sprays we use
Flex Powder for extreme soiling,
Redline Powder for moderate situations
and Chemspec/One Earth for delicate/enviro concern situations.

Boosters
Oxyclean from COstco
Chemspec Bioboost

For rinses we use either soft water
Bridgepoint End Zone/Acid
and currently testing Formula 90 against Cobb's equivalent, whatever it's called.

For Upholstery we may use any of the above TLC's
or Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo
a Encap like DS2 or Snake Oil
or Masterblend solvent dry cleaner

Tile?
Flex
or Oxy Blaster
and Cobb's acid

Sealer/Teflon?
Cobbs Ultraseal for most stone and grout and carpet and fabric.
Stone Pro Granite Sealer

Spotters?
CTI Pro Solve Gel
Fels
40Vol
Ammonia from ACE
a one part red remover from CTI or Sapphire

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You prairie boys, just not tough enough to survive here.
horse.gif

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Go to Olson or Cobb or Jon Don or Interlinks website. I'd start with Olson (Superior) because you already mentioned his proximity and many here can attest to the quality service and products he offers. There may be others near you, look around.

Search the site for "pre spray" or the like.

Try a few from each distributer. Everyone is employing slightly different equipment and technicians to use these products. It's important that you find out what works best for YOU.

Hang out here. It can be a culture that might appear snarky from the outside or make someone too intimidated to engage but it's way more than that, if you'll hang out long enough to know who you're dealing with on the other side of the computer.

So many helpful people here have truly helped me get better at running our biz and providing for my family.

Oh....attend a Mikey's Fest or other trade show. I received an all expenses paid trip to Cali last year for MF10 from everyone who gave to the Ken Snow fund. It was awesome, to get to meet a lot of friends from all over the place that share this same trade.

Glad you're here Travis.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I really believe it's important to build a relationship with your supplier. In this case John. Most suppliers have been around and know what will and won't work. Some have even been carpet cleaners or still are. Please don't get caught up in this mentality of where is it the cheapest. Support him and he will support you. If he carries bridgepoint products I have been using them since almost day one. They never let me down.

Gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I do have a course lined up at Olsons place.

as Lee said, Olson will keep you straight
Now, I don't know if he'll tell you, but i will, Prochem is the "gold standard" .
There are lot of good juices, but overall, very few have as good a line as Prochem .
Damn near everything they make is top shelf

..L.T.A.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Does anyone use Judson's O2 prespray and rinse yet? I used it years ago and it worked well with or without the modifier, but I remember it was pricy and expensive to ship. It would be really nice to reduce the amount of crap I need to have on the truck.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Does anyone use Judson's O2 prespray

it was only "great" due to the "board de jour" phenomenon .
once sanity was restored and reality prevailed, it became apparent it was/is just what it was/is.....a mediocre (at best) pre-spray at the suggested dilution rates .
and if you used enough product to make it effective on anything but clean carpets, there were/are a dozen other juices that worked just as well and better for le$$

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
as Lee said, Olson will keep you straight

Now, I don't know if he'll tell you, but i will, Prochem is the "gold standard" .

There are lot of good juices, but overall, very few have as good a line as Prochem .

Damn near everything they make is top shelf

Now, I don’t know if Larry will tell you, but I will:

Master Blend, Chemspec, Bridgepoint, Sapphire and a few more that are not in my neck of the woods, have as good a line as Prochem.

Yes, Prochem makes good consistent products (quite perfume heavy- see “Joe Domin”. Same perfume stench in his SS products though they have a fragrance free line.)

Gold Standard my %&^

Prochem is just Larry's phenomena du century :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom