Cimex, How Do I Fix This!!!!!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
This snapped right off. Anyone know how the heck i replace this?

Of course we are right in beginning of commercial spring rush, murphy was definitely a carpet cleaner :errf:

cimex3%202_zpsatlg1vwv.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sawzall.jpg

seriously......looks like the angle/clearance would make it tough to get a drill in there to drill for an easy out on the broken bolt .

Unless the axle turns enough ...then just drill it and use an easy-out.
Worst case, drill it out and re-tap next thread size up

otherwise, looks like there "might" be enough bolt showing to get a VisGrip on it.
if you haven't already used penetrating oil (PB Blaster is one of the best..WD40 is only "OK") ..and if you didn't spray penetrating oil on it first...shame on you..get a can of PB Blaster

worth a try letting PB soak awhile then putting the VisGrips to it...if it mangles beyond VisGrip bite in the attempts..then it's the grinder
(if you can get a drill and easyout to it)

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Call Rick and see how fast he can get those parts to you. Meanwhile get the broken one off the Axel.

Have you thought about a big boy kit? This would be a good time if you ever wanted one.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Rep...-Part-40062-for-all-Cimex-Machines_p_181.html

Looks like you need

Cimex Part Numbers

Tee Piece #40062

M12 Washer #9694

M12 Locknut #9666

Swivel Clamp Rod #40009

Sellock Pin 1/8x7/8 bzp #16186

I wish you were closer I'd loan you one until you get your back up. :errf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No point trying to fix that! Get a new replacement for the broken piece and the T. Like Ron said, Try to go with the large wheels. We have had that Big boy type wheels on some of the Cimexes for a few years and they are nice.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Time for the Big Boy kit Shane!

You'll be so glad you did it.

My Mex with BB kit is my biggest production tool that I own.

Now's the time, if those parts need replacing anyway. I do realize I'm preaching at the choir, Shane.

Name
Nate W.
Got a friend who can weld? That's what I'd do if I was in your shoes.... Getting stuff shipped to Hawaii fast would cost more than most jobs..... :dejection:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Now i know why carpet cleaners hate commercial work so much.

Most dont have a cimex!!!!
Cant even remember last time we did a commercial job without scrubbing first with the cimex.

Feel like a hack now.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Been there, Cimex did that - after ten years.

The bottom tee piece that the adjustment rod screws into is a ferrous material which grows onto the steel axel over time.

20140610_073638_zpsa59b1e65.jpg

Cut old axel close to each wheel & punch out.

Place timber or some other item over stub axel so that you don't flare it when punching out.

Order new adjustment rod & tee piece as per above.

Order new Big Wheel kit that comes with stainless steel axel.

Replace.

No more problems.

:yoda:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
You are definitely going to have to cut it out and replace the axle. I would get the big boy kit while I replace it. So much easier to use it should just come with it.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Time for the Big Boy kit Shane!

You'll be so glad you did it.

My Mex with BB kit is my biggest production tool that I own.

Now's the time, if those parts need replacing anyway. I do realize I'm preaching at the choir, Shane.

Well i sucked it up and got the big boy kit russ. For $300 they better be the biggest baddest wheels in the history of the world.

Actually was only a little more anyway but i am a cheap sob at heart

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
OK
This thing aint coming off short of a blow torch. :dejection:

Any ideas short of me throwing it in a very polluted Lake?
At this point we completely stripped it down and used parts on an older model i had bought years ago.

:bull:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
You'll need to cut the axle. The stock axle is zinc plated steel and it corrodes/fuses to the tee-piece over time. When that happens the adjusting rod will eventually snap. That's where you're at. The only way to get the old axle out is to cut it out. Then the new axle and tee-piece can be installed, along with a new adjusting rod. If you need any help, give us a call tomorrow. Rodney is in all day tomorrow (he's our mechanical genius) and he can walk you through it if you run into any problems.

Back
Top Bottom