Cimex instructions...

Name
John
Okay picked up my cimex now what? For example if I'm doing a long hallway do I run the machine down one way pulling the lever and then turn around and come back over the same path dry without pulling solution?? Do I ever need to change the spin direction?? What else?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL I was just training a newer tech on Encap yesterday. Yes trigger off and on lightly down & back only agitate the solution in.

1st prevac or have staff vacuum Next wet your pads. Dip new ones in the tank and wring out. Now you are ready to go clean. When ever you stop, tip the head off the carpet and shut your solution valve off. That will keep you from making a water stain.

On commercial, buy a mop sink hose, roll you unit in and fill . Not too full, you still have to roll to the area you're cleaning. They add you cleaning solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thecleaningdude

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Pretty much ....
In smaller areas its easier to just go forwards/backwards.

The only thing to learn is not move too fast/slow or too much/little water.
Start on side you plug in on and move in rows away from the plug.
Flip the pads or throw out when worn.

Reactions: thecleaningdude
Name
Lee Stockwell
Bought a new 5 gal bucket with easy off lid from Lowes. Then cut the top off a 32 Oz graduated spray bottle to measure encapsulation juice. Keep it with the bucket and a gallon of juice.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Congratulations on finding a good deal on a used Cimex John - way to go! It was nice talking with you today. Hopefully we've got your questions answered now. It really is pretty simple, and you're a sharp guy - you're not going to have any problem at all. If you need any help though, feel free to contact me. Enjoy your new machine!

Name
Damon
The Cimex is an incredible encap machine. It's also simple to operate. The key, in my opinion, is to obviously not over trigger. You'll want to dispense based on condition of the carpet. This can take a little bit of time to learn, but it really is easy. If you're training someone and want to give them a "system", I'd say to count '1 - 2 - 3 - trigger' on easier carpet, '1 - 2 - trigger' on medium and a count of '1 - trigger' on the tough stuff. It might sound a little ridiculous, but it worked for me!

Also, don't move too fast, but don't move too slow. You'll get a rhythm to it in no time at all. And as others have mentioned, try not to trigger on the second pass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom