Cleaned for a former carpet cleaner today

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Former Carpet cleaner from Minneapolis moved to our area.

My wife told me this guy had a few questions when booking as a former cleaner.

Found out he was buying products from the same distributor in the Twin Cites we buy from too.

Great conversations. He used to clean all the party room/boxes at the Minneapolis Metrodome (which is now been torn down and a new one being built)

Great stories.

While we were prevacing, he told us he already had done that....did ok job, but finished up a bit more.

Pulled out the Seal -A-Door and he was "no way....got to be kidding....that is absolutely cool!"

2014-11-10091845_zps1453a539.jpg

Was using the small CRB and we got to talking about other equipment....just a great conversation and a lot of fun!

He took a bunch of cards and asked if we would consider driving to the twin cites to clean for relatives....sure, why not :)

I have another job I am trying to coordinate down there too, so why not....

Was a fun time and great to meet with him. He had been to the Florida Connections show a number of times in the past and telling me about a couple in Orlando....

Definatly good times!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So what does he do now?

Retired, has a bunch of property about 10 miles out of town....

Was hunting with the current deer season....

Throws back a couple of drinks every now and then it sounds like.

Brought out some ChemSpec carpet shampoo in a bottle to show me.....told me about always fixing some other carpet cleaner mess ups especially on Haitian cotton.

Told me both of his knees are fake from doing so much carpet installs in the past too.

Think he could have been some fun as he said they would get pretty wasted cleaning in those party boxes at the Metrodome and need to have someone come pick them and the portables up to go home.

Was quite the character. Hope to see him again in the future and compare BS stories

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So...

Was he able to retire off his cleaning business or does his wife have a real job?

Sounds like he retired off his business.

Not sure what his wife did for work....

She was unfortunately walking with the aid of a walker

They were not that old, so some sort of situation....maybe beginning stages of MS ?

Lars

Name
Lars
We have had a few people over the years tell me they used to do this in college or had their owe biz before somewhere else but moved and just never got it up and going again.
They usually aren't dialed in on the newer equipment, and that has a big impact on our professionalism

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom