CODE BLUE

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Buyer beware! These are some sneaky little bastards. about a year and a half ago we signed up to receive their work in exchange for taking 20% off xactimate pricing ( or so we thought). Apparently it's just a ploy. We never got a single job from them for 9 months. Totally forgot we had the arrangement with them until: During the freezes in January they tried to give us 3 jobs. We declined them all as we were covered up with work. However, apparently the insurance company contacted them after we did the job to "negotiate". in the paperwork we originally signed it states < in the fine print> that ANY job they get involved in we have to take the discounted rate. Likewise it's not xactimate pricing - it's their already discounted pricing minus the additional 20%. We got paid $6300 on a $11k loss. My mistake - a lesson paid for......
Swore we'd never work with them again and made sure we were removed from the program.
We landed a job yesterday from a referral. It's 3 levels of sewage. Within an hour CODE BLUE was trying to hijack the job and say that we needed to have their paperwork filled out ( stating we were the contractor and they were to collect payment) and send them a scope of work!!!
i refused as we don't work for them. He tried to convince me and said that he would get me paid quicker. I laughed and said it wasn't his responsibility to pa me because he isn't my customer nor the insurance company. (just a third party looking for a payday) That's when the representative became NASTY and threatened to send a another company out there to get my guys thrown off the job if I didn't comply.
I informed him that's called "tortious interference" as we have a signed contract and hoped he would as I'd get paid a mint from his company after I sued the shit out of them as i had a signed contract... He apologized and hung up.

Just wanted to share my experience and give you guys a heads up in case you plan to get involved with them.

Best of Luck.

p.s. if there is anyone in atlanta that isn't doing the reconstruction we would be happy to pay a 10% referral.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's bad but I've heard worse about them.

I heard (not first hand knowledge) that they shopped the work around among other Code Blue companies and would give it to the lowest bidder.

If that's true, they they are just cutting their own network members throats.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
That's exactly what they do with the prices. I get that. I'm assuming they feel they can just find new contractors... I actually don't have issue with that. It's the price you pay to do their work...

My problem is The fact that they are not providing the work and still hitting their members for a piece of the action on contractors own work is bullshit...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
3 experiences with them because a couple insurance companies require them as the monitoring agent of the drying logs....blah, blah, blah....

Other stories to go with this....but in the end....told them all to STICK IT!

My contract is with the clients and I will send the Xactimate file and invoice that matches those numbers.

We basically hang up on them when they are calling looking for someone to take on jobs, or if a client calls and we find out they have the insurance companies that use them, we tell them we cannot do the job especially if Code Blue is involved.

We had at least 2 jobs that Code Blue would have been involved and the insurance company reassured us we would not have to be involved with them and "please go out and take care of this"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We're not on their program nor care to be. They have a condescending attitude towards restoration professionals not only on the phone but throughout their website.

They insinute they are keeping us honest and can be rude on the phone when they have no actual eyes on the loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
I'm Rick James
Buyer beware! These are some sneaky little bastards. about a year and a half ago we signed up to receive their work in exchange for taking 20% off xactimate pricing ( or so we thought). Apparently it's just a ploy. We never got a single job from them for 9 months. Totally forgot we had the arrangement with them until: During the freezes in January they tried to give us 3 jobs. We declined them all as we were covered up with work. However, apparently the insurance company contacted them after we did the job to "negotiate". in the paperwork we originally signed it states < in the fine print> that ANY job they get involved in we have to take the discounted rate. Likewise it's not xactimate pricing - it's their already discounted pricing minus the additional 20%. We got paid $6300 on a $11k loss. My mistake - a lesson paid for......
Swore we'd never work with them again and made sure we were removed from the program.
We landed a job yesterday from a referral. It's 3 levels of sewage. Within an hour CODE BLUE was trying to hijack the job and say that we needed to have their paperwork filled out ( stating we were the contractor and they were to collect payment) and send them a scope of work!!!
i refused as we don't work for them. He tried to convince me and said that he would get me paid quicker. I laughed and said it wasn't his responsibility to pa me because he isn't my customer nor the insurance company. (just a third party looking for a payday) That's when the representative became NASTY and threatened to send a another company out there to get my guys thrown off the job if I didn't comply.
I informed him that's called "tortious interference" as we have a signed contract and hoped he would as I'd get paid a mint from his company after I sued the shit out of them as i had a signed contract... He apologized and hung up.

Just wanted to share my experience and give you guys a heads up in case you plan to get involved with them.

Best of Luck.

p.s. if there is anyone in atlanta that isn't doing the reconstruction we would be happy to pay a 10% referral.

You can look at it this way.. you now know what your customers are experiencing when using your company. Thanks for the heads up though.

:very_drunk:

Reactions: Dmreed4311

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
You can look at it this way.. you now know what your customers are experiencing when using your company. Thanks for the heads up though.

:very_drunk:
LOL! Thanks but you are apparently getting my restoration company confused with my old carpet cleaning company. That was funny shit !!!!!

I must say that I am enjoying this new business. Sooooo glad to be out of carpet cleaning. <yawn>

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
I'm Rick James
LOL! Thanks but you are apparently getting my restoration company confused with my old carpet cleaning company. That was funny shit !!!!!

I must say that I am enjoying this new business. Sooooo glad to be out of carpet cleaning. <yawn>

I hear there is a lot more money in restoration.. you sell Pro Carpets?

</yawn>

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I was on their program for about a year and removed my self from it last November. Well they called use last Tuesday with a AFI/Armed Forces insured loss and asked us to take it. I told them we were no longer on the program and the rep says " We still have you listed as active" That is funny because I faxed them a written letter saying to take me off the vendor list. So they asked again to please handle this loss, I said OK we will go look and get back to them. I go look and the house is a mess and I happen to know the owner who was a past carpet cleaning customer from five years ago. I told her to call a PA I knew because she will need them so she does and me not liking them but in this case I did, the PA says WHO THE F*** is CodeBlue? We long story short he gets AFI to get rid of CodeBlue yet they kept calling me for daily moisture readings call in and I kept hanging up. My Xactimate bill was done today $5119.87 with them it would of been $1020 less. I refuse to have to call in moisture readings and waste 30 minutes a day of valuable time for that. Last job I did for them last November they demanded things and they fought me on paying dump fees I needed because what it actually cost us to go to dump and fought me on how many air movers we used in a room when the room had cuts and jogs that required more of them. They also said when I refused to call moisture reading in everyday that the customer was getting angry and gave a negative feedback about us and that was not true because they loved us and how prompt we got the property ready for reconstruction. Nothing but a bunch of bully want to be 3rd party idiots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom