Customer does not want this VCT refinished, just stripped..

Mikey P

Administrator
They don't want to have to deal with the buffing, stripping and resealing all the time in 20 small exam rooms.

I tested some areas and the funk came right off with a 3M scub pad and some Devastatro stripper.

Looks like just Fabuloso build up

20141126_141216_zpsvyvs77ph.jpg

20141126_141442_zpsvofbwlj5.jpg

How will this type of Vinyl perform with out a top coat of any kind?

assumingan get them to use a micro flat mop and neutral cleaner

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It won't. It'll get scratched, scuffed and dirt imbedded that won't come out with a witch doctor. Any guess how many mil the finish (clear) vinyl is?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have one Friday, and I haven't done one in like 15 years.. Kind of anxious about it.. I did a test area and it cleaned up great, but it's out of my comfort zone..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I agree with Willy.. You have to maintain the floor or it will look like shit. If they have it done once or twice a year, what's the big deal?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you do it get them to sign off so you are not responsible for how it will hold up down the road.

Not that the paper will mean much but it will show them how serious you believe it needs protection. It will also provide proof later that you warned them, when their cost savings measure ends up flopping.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ask yourself how many whiny calls you want to take in the months to come where you hear phrases like:

"If we would have known..."

"Why didn't you tell us..."

"We never expected a company like yours to allow this to happen..."

"We need you to look at this problem you caused..."

"We know you'll do the right thing..."

Mike...trust me it has nightmare written all over it.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's usually what happens, they claim that they couldn't have known how it would turn out and you as a professional should have explained it better to them.

Written or an email is always better to have vs verbal. People seem to forget when shit goes wrong. :icon_neutral:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Oh don't have to put down an shiny coat of finish, there are plenty of no shine or flat finishes available.

It will be an issue in a year or so.

Back
Top Bottom