CX-15 Spray Bar Mod Testing

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ray and I tested the CX-15 today in stock form and with our SprayBar mods.

While we were testing Michael Lockhart came by with a new PC Ti wand . . .

so we tested all 3 of them side-by-side.

First here is a single pass with TM hot water only CX-15 Modified . . .
CX15Mod.jpg

Then we did some comparisons with all three tools . . .

CX15ModTi.jpg

You can see the twill pattern in the carpet with better brightness & definition in the center section.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: J Scott W

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Looks like your modded version doesn't clean to the edge as well as the stock.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think it's fair to say that the point of the CX15 is to get away from pre scrubbing carpet before wand extracting.

Did you pre scrub ahead of the Ti wand cleaned areas?

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Pics turned out pretty good. Based on these and several other passes we made I would say the modded version did clean slightly better (faster).

Of course we didn't pre scrub. The comparison we were interested in was the CX-15 vs the CX-15. Just want to see if it could be dialed in a little better or not. The PC TI wasn't planned. Mr. Lockhart came out to play and brought some of his toys along... and we were happy to see him. Thanks Michael.
The PC TI is obviously an excellent wand. The pass made with it looks pretty damn good to me.

The CX-15 has a tendency to leave the edges a little wet which looks darker most of the time. We did separate passes without overlapping for comparison. That's why it looks like it didn't clean well on the edges.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the cx15 cleaned well but does have a good learning curve to it.

hey ray how did that nylon area rug we hit look like in the end? did the tips unbloom and go back to pre cx15 condition?

with all fairness we let the wand down for about 15 minutes while we took some pics discussed the outcome of our first "scientific test", so the truckmount had a slight spike in temps to about 240 and we think that may have accelerated and contributed to the tip blooming that occurred.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What about speed? In Vegas you said it was very slow Michael, has your opinion of speed changed?

I mean you can go a great job with portable machine if you are given the time...days...weeks...months...years. :biggrin:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hopefully live you can see it but not much difference with those photos. I don't think the client would be able to tell a difference if the photo's are indicative of the results.

What about speed?

Last edited by a moderator:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
My eyes must be really bad because the difference I see is the modified one left about a half inch on each side either dirtier or wetter, take your pick.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
I think the 2 with the buckets are in the middle of the traffic lane. If the one on the right is with the PC wand no wonder it looks better it was cleaner to start with. They should have cleaned across the traffic lane. I think the browning is just oil residue from an asphalt parking lot.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The picture Lockhart took with his phone is just showing shadows from Showroom shadows.

Here is a photo I took this morning with better camera lighting and flash:
CX15Mod%20Ti.jpg

CX-15..............................CX15Mod.............................New PC Ti

Larry

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Shawn Forsythe
Just my 2 cents.

The test is completely inconclusive, as to objective evaluation of the photos.

First, each cleaning path is in disparate zones of the traffic lane, with the Ti-wand almost completely outside the traffic lane. As each section starts out with a different level of soiling, it is rather difficult to assign a relative efficacy to any of them.

The two CX-15 cleaning lanes exhibit anomalous "apparent soil" stripes on the edges. The stock setup, only possibly exhibiting one stripe on the right. The modified setup shows distinct soil zones on both sides of the path. While it is known that these "stripes" may be a moot point with the necessary overlap cleaning, it is not known just how each setup would be effective in "erasing" their respective stripes. Also unknown is the actual cleaning width of the actual clean sections.

Granted, the soil distribution as shown in the subject room is not ideal, nor is it reasonable to expect that it would be. However, because of this, the value of the exhibition is very limited in photographic comparison.

I want to see more, though. :smile:

Reactions: kingjoelking

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Without being there and actually seeing it, its appears that the the mod could actually be causing a problem. ???

It looks to me like its doing a great job in the center but I'd have some serious concerns of leaving over wet strips that could later cause problems as it dried.

So Larry if I paid more than list price could you leave mine alone? ;)

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
What did you call me?!? :yawn:

I think the cx15 has it's place, just like vlm... You need to use your judgement...

I think it has its place also............ In the garage next to my stryker wand,.................... that works really well but works really slow............ At least my stryker works in both directions.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just my 2 cents.

The test is completely inconclusive, as to objective evaluation of the photos.

First, each cleaning path is in disparate zones of the traffic lane, with the Ti-wand almost completely outside the traffic lane. As each section starts out with a different level of soiling, it is rather difficult to assign a relative efficacy to any of them.

The two CX-15 cleaning lanes exhibit anomalous "apparent soil" stripes on the edges. The stock setup, only possibly exhibiting one stripe on the right. The modified setup shows distinct soil zones on both sides of the path. While it is known that these "stripes" may be a moot point with the necessary overlap cleaning, it is not known just how each setup would be effective in "erasing" their respective stripes. Also unknown is the actual cleaning width of the actual clean sections.

I want to see more, though. :smile:

First a little background on the testing. Ray and I picked a heavily soiled area leading in from our concrete warehouse. We planned on doing 2 passes only with the CX-15 stock and modified. We also only extracted with water to eliminate prespray uniformity. After we had done our 2 test passes, Michael came in with his new Ti wand and did a pass on each side. I included one Ti pass just as a reference even though he had more GPM delivered with the larger flow of the Ti 6-jet system.

The modified CX-15 did partially clean the outside edges in the photo. The stock CX-15 did not clean those outside edges much at all. If you were cleaning a large area, the partially cleaned edges would be easier to blend in with the next pass.

Shawn, I'm sure you understand the complexity of controlling all the variables in any cleaning test.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom