Do you own a Cimex?

Mikey P

Administrator
if so, get another.

Should be mandatory actually.

We got another job today where the two devils will cut our time in half.

unless you're the Art Kelly sort who has to answer his own phones, do ALL the work, fix your own truck, mow your own lawn and do your own taxes.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I think I will pick up a Vario first, then another Cimex. I just need to know which is the best "Pad" for the Vario? I sure liked the Glad pad for sopping up dirt and moisture. I'm sure the micro-fibre pads don't absorb as much moisture, .....or do they?

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
It's the real deal. Bought my first one one week ago and just did two big jobs with it.....with excellent results. I hears they are good for floor stripping too, anybody use them for that?

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Barrett Wiley
It's the real deal. Bought my first one one week ago and just did two big jobs with it.....with excellent results. I hears they are good for floor stripping too, anybody use them for that?
They are goof for stripping but the clean up of the machine is a beast. Pros - Easy for an inexperienced tech to safely learn how to strip a floor compared to a buffer. Can work in straight lines...feet always on stripped floor. Cons - clean up, may not work well on old, uneven floors.

Would need the extra weight kit as well.

It's too much of a money maker to strip vct, IMO

Name
Barrett Wiley
I think I will pick up a Vario first, then another Cimex. I just need to know which is the best "Pad" for the Vario? I sure liked the Glad pad for sopping up dirt and moisture. I'm sure the micro-fibre pads don't absorb as much moisture, .....or do they?
I am thinking the same thing. I'm torn but the cimex may win out since we have floor machines we can bonnet clean with in the meantime.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't own another tool that allows me to make as much $ per hour. I've owned mine for about a year and a half now and am so glad I got it. It's a really nice change of pace to leave the truckmount off and clean a commercial building with the door LOCKED behind me. It's quiet and flat out enjoyable to put my headphones in and get to scrubbin'!

Reactions: rwcarpet

hogjowl

Idiot™
I sent my son to a local church this afternoon with the Cimex. I couldn't get him on the phone later in the day, and I know it's because he had the ear buds in listening to music.

If I really needed him, I would have had his girlfriend call him.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
One of ours is in shop right now being repaired. Motor just stopped working, newest one of course.

Bonedrycarpet

Name
Jeff Maietta
I have a vario for sale. 2 months old.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
if so, get another.

Should be mandatory actually.

We got another job today where the two devils will cut our time in half.

unless you're the Art Kelly sort who has to answer his own phones, do ALL the work, fix your own truck, mow your own lawn and do your own taxes.
We own 3. I could use a 4th.

I hate that a new motor sets you back $900 bucks just dropped one in last months on a 3 year old unit. Replaced 1 last year also.
I also hate they only sell new pad mounts in sets of 3 for $200 plus bucks.
The switch that goes bad and is not a easy swap in the field.
The cord guard that is weak and you have to tie the cord around the handle to keep it from popping out. Thank you Rick
It takes two guys to safely load.
It doesn't have a quick dump valve.

Other than that I love how much you can clean an hour and the money you make with these beasts.

Red I would like them in Red.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
One of ours is in shop right now being repaired. Motor just stopped working, newest one of course.
Shane my newest unit stopped also. Asked my dealer about it. No sympathy. Told me they used a different smaller motor for a short time. The new motor is blue and does not have a housing. I had to shell out for the new part. I don't think my local supply house even ask cimex about helping us out.
Bunch of bunk.

I had 2 evolution wands I bought from a national supplier with 11 locations placed strategically across the united states to give their customers one day shipping. The evolution wands stated pulling apart at the head. They went back to the manufacture for me. Guess what 2 new replacement wands arrived at my shop because the manufacture knew they had defective stuff.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I got my first Cimex in July. Big wheel kit. Has paid itself off already. I'd like to have a padder to touch up the areas that the Cimex can't quite get. I have an old Conqueror, which was not a bad machine. I've been trying to get it back up and running, but it's so ancient, with the handle release and such, that I was just going to get a new, lighter Vario. Ricky even has a weight kit for it now.
I just ordered a ramp kit from Northern Tool today. ($50) I can unload that Cimex, but I ain't getting it back in the truck (myself) unless I back up to a low dock or a hillside next to a parking lot (done that). No use bustin' a nut or my back to load it up.
Cimex has come in handy as a pre-scrub machine when needed.

Also, got my new Door Seal from Ron today. It's a work of art! A hell of a lot easier than the old foam pillow seals. Well worth the bucks.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Shane my newest unit stopped also. Asked my dealer about it. No sympathy. Told me they used a different smaller motor for a short time. The new motor is blue and does not have a housing. I had to shell out for the new part. I don't think my local supply house even ask cimex about helping us out.
Bunch of bunk.

I had 2 evolution wands I bought from a national supplier with 11 locations placed strategically across the united states to give their customers one day shipping. The evolution wands stated pulling apart at the head. They went back to the manufacture for me. Guess what 2 new replacement wands arrived at my shop because the manufacture knew they had defective stuff.

I've got the big blue motor on mine. I hope I don't run into any problems, at least for a few years. I ran the crap out of the one I used to rent. It never hiccuped. Tom, any parts you recommend keeping handy? Belts?

Funny thing......the distributor is about 40 miles from me, about a 45 minute trip. Tallmadge, Ohio, right down the street from Summit Auto.

Bonedrycarpet

Name
Jeff Maietta
I got my first Cimex in July. Big wheel kit. Has paid itself off already. I'd like to have a padder to touch up the areas that the Cimex can't quite get. I have an old Conqueror, which was not a bad machine. I've been trying to get it back up and running, but it's so ancient, with the handle release and such, that I was just going to get a new, lighter Vario. Ricky even has a weight kit for it now.
I just ordered a ramp kit from Northern Tool today. ($50) I can unload that Cimex, but I ain't getting it back in the truck (myself) unless I back up to a low dock or a hillside next to a parking lot (done that). No use bustin' a nut or my back to load it up.
Cimex has come in handy as a pre-scrub machine when needed.

Also, got my new Door Seal from Ron today. It's a work of art! A hell of a lot easier than the old foam pillow seals. Well worth the bucks.
Selling my vario with spray kit. 1250 obo plus shipping

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I've got the big blue motor on mine. I hope I don't run into any problems, at least for a few years. I ran the crap out of the one I used to rent. It never hiccuped. Tom, any parts you recommend keeping handy? Belts?

Funny thing......the distributor is about 40 miles from me, about a 45 minute trip. Tallmadge, Ohio, right down the street from Summit Auto.
WE just keep a extra plug. The ground gets bent lots. I have employees. :) WE always send 2 for the night even if we need only 1. If we need 2 we send 3. I hate being down.

Mikey P

Administrator
Here's a room in a church we clean fairly regularly.

Last year we were too busy so they hired a HWE only hack who left his mark..

20140916_094521_zpsvwncs1un.jpg

easy fix with the Yellow Devil..

20140916_101857_zpslcw9623b.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
but I ain't getting it back in the truck (myself) unless I back up to a low dock or a hillside next to a parking lot (done that). No use bustin' a nut or my back to load it up.

Get longer ramps, don't be stingy on price like carpet customers usually are.

Pay a bit more for something that does the job & it will last you for years.

Although I only drive a van compared to the floor height of your truck, for years I used 3' ramps.

Since going to 6' extension ramps, even the trouble 'n strife can unload AND load the 'Mex; with ease.

:yoda:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I bought a new Mex from Rick last week. Used it on two offices so far and myself and customers are impressed. I haven't got the production rate up yet but there have been a lot of small office rooms and cubicles.

Still looking for a ramp that will fit in the van with everything else.

Since going to 6' extension ramps, even the trouble 'n strife can unload AND load the 'Mex; with ease.
Shorty, do you have a pic of your extension ramp?

Reactions: Able 1
Name
Barrett Wiley
I bought a new Mex from Rick last week. Used it on two offices so far and myself and customers are impressed. I haven't got the production rate up yet but there have been a lot of small office rooms and cubicles.

Still looking for a ramp that will fit in the van with everything else.

Shorty, do you have a pic of your extension ramp?
The production rates are for wide open spaces. In cubicles and small offices, production rates drop drastically.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom