Mikey P

Administrator
I keep a big box of 3M plugs in the barn and my garage

My tech uses them all the time, myself on my bikes, not sure about Davis

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
2014-10-01_09-21-35_770_zps2116ff8a.jpg
We buy them in bulk and put a handful in ziplocks for each tech. If you're using them all day, the ones with the cord attaching the two plus are better to purchase. That way you can pull them out and leave them around your neck and toss them at the end of the day.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I don't use them on jobs....the Thermalwave Vortec is a quiet machine. I do use them every nite after I wake up for my 5 AM pee. Hard to get back to sleep with all the little noises in the neighborhood and those friggin' 7:00AM lawn maintenence companies.

Of course, if I don't throw them out right away, the dog eats them and I gotta watch her poop to make sure they come out. Bright orange.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If our on-location equipment was loud enough to need ear protection I'd be inclined to provide lightweight over the ear headsets. We use them when some in-shop processes are running because they block more frequencies and last long enough to cost less than buckets of plugs. (I bought a bucket of plugs a couple of years ago and still have a bucket minus about twenty. Looks good when the inspectors come through though.)

I can see where heat build-up under the cups might be enough of an issue to use plugs instead.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The tech's usually complain about the weight of the heavier muffs. We don't use them enough to make it a significant ppe expense. We spend several thousand a year on tyveks and respirator cartridges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom