Encap'ing CGD - rash on lower legs...any1 else get this??

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the last few years i took notice i get a red rash on my lower legs after encap'ing various CGD accounts. i chalked it up to hyrdogen peroxide. the missus and i CC'ed 16k yesterday and 16k today....we were forced to use a peroxide-based encap because the company we cleaned for makes it and they wanted it used in their own building...understandable. yesterday i purposely wore long pants and long socks, instead of shorts like normal. i figured this would keep my legs from getting rashy. got home last night and the lower legs were still all splotchy. funny thing is, even the missus' had the same inflammation. all she does is vacuum. she isn't walking behind the Cimex or on the damp carpet like i do.

anyone have this happen to them? we can't figure out what is causing it. if not the o2, might it be dust mite bites, if that's even possible??

20150829_101730.jpe

hogjowl

Idiot™
image.jpg

Name
Damon
This only happens with peroxide based products?

According to this article hydrogen peroxide can cause an allergic reaction that manifests in red skin (not the burns):

Hydrogen peroxide can cause allergic reactions. For example, commercial hair-dye products typically contain a nonoxidized 4-paraphenylenediamine, or PPD-based colorless dye, and an oxidizer, typically hydrogen peroxide. When PPD reacts with peroxide, it becomes partly oxidized and colored. This form of hydrogen peroxide may cause an allergic reaction. Typical symptoms include skin inflammation and a burning sensation.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/150174-effects-of-peroxide-on-the-skin/

Name
Nate W.
only in the crotch area!

Nate the Great on Richard's PC

It happened once, sheesh....... Astroglide from now on!! :shifty:

I haven't gotten any redness like that, but I've broke out in bumps after carrying different types of rugs for cleaning.... Not sure what causes it, normally goes away at the end of the day... I always wear pants when working, unless they ask me not too.....:lol:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
yea but the missus gets it to and she isn't walking on it. we both had long pants and long socks. i was just looking if others had the same thing happen on CGD.

Marty, when did you get that rash?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Reactions: thecleaningdude

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

According to this article hydrogen peroxide can cause an allergic reaction that manifests in red skin (not the burns):

Hydrogen peroxide can cause allergic reactions. For example, commercial hair-dye products typically contain a nonoxidized 4-paraphenylenediamine, or PPD-based colorless dye, and an oxidizer, typically hydrogen peroxide. When PPD reacts with peroxide, it becomes partly oxidized and colored. This form of hydrogen peroxide may cause an allergic reaction. Typical symptoms include skin inflammation and a burning sensation.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/150174-effects-of-peroxide-on-the-skin/

Since we don't have PPD in our cleaner I doubt it's the peroxide. Peroxide is just oxygen and water. I buy it in a 55 gal drum and I've never gotten any rashes. I have had a few white spots but they quickly dissipate. I would look at the cleaner. Leave out the peroxide and place a small amount on your skin. See what happens. Then check it with the peroxide. If it react with the peroxide maybe it's oxidizing something that's causing the problem. Either way I would want to know. What would happen if you inhaled some and that happened. You could end up in the er.

Gene

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Encap a room in your own house using the same chem. Might tell you whether it's the chem or something already in those carpets you're cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom