Enzymes.....quats...........and bacteria......oh my!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I read somewhere that cleaners were saying that NOT to add a quat to an enzyme prespray or it will kill the "Bacteria? Would someone please clarify this?

I thought enzymes weren't ALIVE.

Oh now I am just so confused with these "New" breed of cleaners coming up..........they are just so smart!

Or is they?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
No enzymes are not alive. They can not be killed. You are correct, Mr Ladwig.

Many liquid enzyme products contain bacteria that produce the enzymes. Bacteria can be killed thus shutting down the production of new enzymes.

Use of bio enzyme products that contain bacteria along with quats or other disinfectants is not advised.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
No enzymes are not alive. They can not be killed. You are correct, Mr Ladwig.

Many liquid enzyme products contain bacteria that produce the enzymes.

In my travels throughout the world of the virtual professional carpet cleaner, I always seem to note this often misunderstood differentiation in enzyme products, and the assumption that "enzymes" are always "alive".

I can't even say I myself am 100% on the differences in the products within the products available within the "enzyme" categories.

Are there 2 sub-categories in relation to an "enzyme" product, one considered "live" and relying on active bacteria to maintain it's enzyme content, and another consisting of non-bacteria dependent enzymes that have have already been developed.

if this is the case, I would think the majority of any"live" enzyme products would be predominantly be the liquids, and the powders would be the non-active, matured enzymes (Cobbs, PowerBurst, Enzall.....)

Differences?

Benefits?

Reactions: Mikey P

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Enzymes are not "alive" but they can be "killed" (deactivated/denatured) or accelerated by other chemicals. An enzyme can also be "killed" if outside it's normal temp or pH.

If you mix an enzyme product with another product it is not designed to be mixed with you stand a good chance of "killing" the enzyme.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ever since menopause started to hit I have become nocturnal. Drives me batty.
My wife was like that for a while (a year or two), I'd go to bed and she would be up watching TV or cleaning.

Now she will fall asleep around 9:00 watching TV and only wake up to move to the bed. :icon_rolleyes:

I fight sleep, i try to squeeze the most out of everyday. :winky: I try to go to bed by midnight but sometimes its 12:30-1;00am if there is a good movie on. :redface:

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
My wife was like that for a while (a year or two), I'd go to bed and she would be up watching TV or cleaning.

Now she will fall asleep around 9:00 watching TV and only wake up to move to the bed. :icon_rolleyes:

I fight sleep, i try to squeeze the most out of everyday. :winky: I try to go to bed by midnight but sometimes its 12:30-1;00am if there is a good movie on. :redface:

We can sleep when we're dead...... The fun always stops when you go to bed........... "Hey, let's hang it till your shuttle picks you up"........ :rockon:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I hate to sleep. It is a waste of life. But I know I need it to be healthy and to keep from falling asleep at the computer/wheel/toilet or anywhere else I try to sit for more than a minute.

I'm really hoping it goes away soon. I used to sleep from about 10-11 to 5 and that was great....now it's all screwed up.

Do you think it's pissing Jimmy off that we're talking about menopausal sleep cycles on his enzyme thread? We can only hope....

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
Too bad Jimmy couldn't talk Bruce Jenner into going in on a two for one special

Those skinny pale legs of his would look great in some dolphin shorts

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
HO HO HO........... no Jimmy is just having a visual of Lisa's bed full of pugs................who shit and piss in it.
And as they shit and piss all over her carpet/floors she walks on it in her bare feet...............then goes to bed and further contaminates the place where she ....................sleeps.

Oh Gawd I just puked a little!

Gag!

Reactions: Mikey P

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
We're getting a new one soon. Gonna call him Jimmy.

PugGargoyle_zpsb9uvekic.jpg

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom