Figuring fuel use

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
For you cleaners with van powered TM's, how do you separate van fuel from TM fuel usage? With my slide ins, it was a simple machine hours x gallons burned per hour x price per gallon. The remainder of fuel purchase goes toward van usage for actual van expenses. What do you did guys do?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Same thing, I used hydramasters published 1.7 (?) gph x machine hours for the year. Congrats on the machine, mind if I make a field trip in a month or two too check it out?

Reactions: rwcarpet

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
2 gallons per hour is the deduction we take with our Butlers

We track hours (and van miles) but hour meter gives us what we use for the off road fuel tax situation.

We also track all fuel expenses per vehicle so we have an idea what is taking place

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

About what I was thinking Mark.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Even with the separate tank I've never taken that deduction. I'm lousy at remember numbers but it seems like I spent around 11k last year on gas. What am I costing myself by not deducting it.

Gene

Chris A

Name
Chris
About $250 usually, but they've just sent a check straight to me the last couple years. You run more hours and less miles than I do so you're might be better. Either way it takes 5 minutes to do.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
For you cleaners with van powered TM's, how do you separate van fuel from TM fuel usage? With my slide ins, it was a simple machine hours x gallons burned per hour x price per gallon. The remainder of fuel purchase goes toward van usage for actual van expenses. What do you did guys do?

Bob It's easy with our vans, there is an info selection that gives you average fuel used per hour, along with average MPG (Been almost dead on with my manual fill up calculations)

(This was after 1hr 15min on the Low setting (1000RPM) that I run on for almost all jobs under 125ft of hose)

IMG_4655.JPG

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Bob It's easy with our vans, there is an info selection that gives you average fuel used per hour, along with average MPG (Been almost dead on with my manual fill up calculations)

(This was after 1hr 15min on the Low setting (1000RPM) that I run on for almost all jobs under 125ft of hose)

View attachment 7257

That's cool , Ashley. My new van will have the GPH readout. should make it easy.

Back
Top Bottom